Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR – JOB GRADE LVSWWDA 5 – REF: LVSWWDA/SIA/2023/06 – (1 POST)
The duties and responsibilities at this level will involve:
- Providing inputs for the update of policies and procedures for the Department;
- Developing individual audit engagement plan and ensure implementation;
- Reviewing and evaluating the system of internal controls, assess their adequacy, effectiveness and proposing recommendation for their improvement;
- Safeguarding the Board’s assets by establishing appropriate means of verifying their existence, ownership and valuation;
- Preparing draft audit reports on completion of each audit engagement for review by the Principal Internal auditor;
- Assisting in establishing a follow up mechanism on recommendations received from all internal and external audits; and
- Undertaking special audit / investigations.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have/be: –
- A minimum period of four (4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or relevant field from a recognized university;
- Passed Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (K) or its equivalent;
- A registered member of ICPAK in good standing;
- Proficient in computer application skills;
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Attention to detail and quality orientation skills;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills; and
Mode of Application
Job applicants should attach all requisite academic and professional certificates
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert will not be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic & professional certificates, transcripts and testimonials during interviews.
- Applicants should indicate job reference number for the position they are applying for in the envelop.
Please note that it’s a criminal offence to present unauthentic certificates. If you possess or meet the above qualifications, please send; Your application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (Name, Post Office Box number, email address, and day time telephone/mobile phone contacts).
Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer; Persons with disability, women and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
In case you do not hear from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that canvassing for this position will lead to automatic disqualification.
Upon granting an offer of employment, a successful candidate MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
- A valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- A valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC). Applications should be sent to reach the office of the Chief Executive Officer on/or
before 21st March, 2023 5.00pm using the address below:
Chief Executive Officer,
Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency,
Lavictors House Off-Ring Road Milimani,
P.O. Box 3325 – 40100,