Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
We are looking for a team lead for our Customer Growth and Programme Marketing team, who are responsible for attracting participants to our high impact learning programmes for SMEs, youth and managers across the continent – thousands of participants each year – as well as effectively communicating programme-level impact to all stakeholders. The impact of our skills development programmes are driven by ensuring the right individuals know about and are attracted to our learning opportunities: this responsibility is at the heart of this role.
We are looking for a dynamic leader with strong marketing, customer growth, communications and business development skills to drive innovation and team growth within this critical AMI capability. An ability to design robust processes to support team performance is required. This individual will be a senior manager within the AMI team, reporting to the Managing Director of the AMI Impact business unit.
Growth & Sourcing
- Ensure we get the right people on the right skills development programmes (whether paid or free), at scale, meeting the requirements of our contracts with development partners across the African continent
- Lead programme sourcing efforts to achieve targets, with a primary focus on AMI’s flagship entrepreneur and management learning programmes such as Grow Your Business, Survive to Thrive, Future Females, Empowering Managers etc.
- Engage in developing strategic communication and marketing initiatives to support programme sourcing
- Liaise with marketing production team members to deliver social media, marketing materials and communications campaigns
- Recruit and manage a team of sourcing and enrolment specialists to scale programme sales and enrolment efforts
Work across the company with various teams to continually improve the recruitment and enrolment process
- Document, refine and improve AMI programme customer growth and sourcing processes to ensure we are effectively attracting programme participants at scale
- Ensure best practice in customer growth and sourcing is embedded across AMI country offices and conduct team capacity building where needed
- Conduct team resource allocation to ensure coverage of critical client/partner contract deliverables in terms of participant sourcing
Programme marketing and communications
- Ensure we are effectively communicating programme-level impact to drive both learner participation and client renewals
- Oversee or directly execute regular online and in-person events, content, and promotions to ensure programme sourcing goals are met and programme impact is effectively communicated to internal and external stakeholders
- Support client programme renewal through strategic programme impact communication
- Liaise with external providers of marketing and communications services where relevant
- Ensure both programme-level and individual participant-level impact is powerfully communicated through storytelling
- Act as central oversight of all AMI Impact programme-related communication, ensuring high quality, brand alignment and alignment to programme goals
- Exceptional written, verbal and creative communication skills
- Strong business development/ sales and marketing capability
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to execute methodically.
- Ability to create order from chaos. You thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment but can design and implement effective team processes
- Enthusiasm and commitment for AMI’s mission of transformation through skills and enterprise development
- Culturally adept. Ability to communicate effectively across different levels, with local and international teams and stakeholders
- Proven ability to build and lead a team, motivate staff, manage performance and drive delivery
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit and collaborative cross-border management team
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Rock-solid integrity. Team before ego
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a related marketing, communications, customer growth or business development role – ideally in skills development or entrepreneurial context
- Minimum 3 years experience leading a team
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (required)
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent experience