Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with a captive real estate development capability. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products and the lack of institutional grade real estate. We distribute high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold.
The company is looking to employ an energetic, passionate, creative and hardworking individual looking to join the team as a Legal Assistant. The Legal Assistant will play a pivotal role in providing comprehensive legal support to Cytonn and its related entities. This position involves a wide range of responsibilities, including drafting and reviewing contracts, litigating matters, coordinating with externa counselss, managing documentation, conducting legal researching, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and cross-functional collaboration with internal teams.
- Advising on all matters regarding the law; including the interpretation, impact and effect of the relevant laws and general conditions affecting various areas of the company’s operations;
- Assisting in the co-ordination of legal due diligence, documentation and closing of transactions;
- Developing and carrying out Compliance checks on all facets of Law affecting the business;
- Designing commercial and legal solutions that lead to effective corporate structures;
- Developing and maintaining various policies, procedures and registers whilst carrying out other corporate secretarial functions;
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts;
- Collaborating effectively with external legal counsel and internal departments to facilitate litigation processes and manage legal matters. Clear communication and coordination skills are crucial.
- Attending Court on behalf of the Business and litigating matters when required to
- Offer comprehensive legal support as required by the organization, addressing various legal queries and tasks that arise in the course of business operations.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- A Second Class Degree in Law (LL. B) from a recognized University;
- A recently admitted advocate of the High Court of Kenya with good standing;
- Must have attained a B+ and above in O levels/ high school;
- At least 1-year experience in a busy law firm or corporate legal department;
- Knowledge, relevant practice and understanding of the corporate, commercial investments, real estate and financial markets (including tax), and the respective Laws and regulations;
- Creative, commercial legal thinking and appreciation of the business aspects in their application of the law;
- Ability to pro-actively and creatively manage potential legal issues;
- A team player willing to learn, adapt and work with minimum supervision;
- Excellent organisation, administration, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure; and
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Contract review, drafting and management; Legal and Regulatory Compliance; Transactional Support and Administration; Litigation ; Real Estate and Conveyancing; Legal Research; Corporate Governance; Legal Documentation and ; Advisory Support
Closing Date : November 28th, 2023