About the job
Liberty Afrika Technologies (LAT) is a financial technology company based in Kenya and focused on creating top notch solutions for SMEs in East Africa. We are looking for an experienced Backend .NET Engineer to join a stellar team working on our growing product portfolio. In this role, you will work closely with our design, product management and development teams to design and maintain multiple technologies, including our core backend services, third-party service provider integrations, payments systems, and telco offerings.
- You will design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on security, scalability, high availability and low latency.
- Communicate & collaborate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations, internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts and provide technical advisory.
- Explore and evaluate third-party or in-house solutions, technologies to solve complex process or product problems.
- Refine functional requirements and develop technical specifications.
- Writing clean and testable code bases and ensure compliance with specified guidelines.
- Be part of discussions on architectural design and solutions, continuously striving to improve customer experience and efficiency.
- Generate technical documentation to communicate architectural and design decisions.
- Bachelor and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer on medium or large-scale distributed system.
- 2+ years of experience of .NET Backend development (C# and .NET Core) and shipping quality code to production.
- Solid conceptual knowledge of design patterns and language agnostic design experience.
- Commercial experience with microservice and REST APIs development (gRPC is a plus).
- Proficiency with relational databases (SQL Server or Postgresql) and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in queue-based systems like RabbitMQ, MSMQ, Kafka, AWS SQS is preferred.
- Previous experience with AWS/Azure/GCP Cloud providers is nice to haves
- Test driven development mindset and strong discipline of writing extensive tests for every production code ship.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and bring in optimal flow for rapidly changing design/technology.
- Ruthless prioritization, excellent collaborator, communicator and accountable of your own responsibilities.
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Technical Interview – take away home task, afterwards presented to the team
- Final Interview – Meet senior members of team
Send your CV to email@example.com by Nov 25th 2022.