Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the respective office of the Secretary-General. UNON supports program implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Program UNHABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). This post is in the office of United Nations Office at Nairobi, Central Support Services (CSS), Commercial Operations Unit (COU). Under the supervision of the Unit Chief – Sanjita Sehmi.
The incumbent provides specialized support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of the UN Recreation Centre.
The UN Recreation Centre (UNRC) is open for membership to UN staff members and the diplomatic community. The UNRC has over the years recognized the need to keep pace with the growing sophistication and demands of members, so it offers a sports facility that meets their fitness and health goals. The facility has a state-of-the-art gym, with separate cardio as well as weights section and is equipped with Technogym machines. All the equipment is of the highest quality, well designed ergonomically and bio-mechanically precise.
UNRC is seeking a lifeguard cum swimming instructor to provide professional lifeguarding service as well as swimming coaching, teaching classes and program design to United Nations Recreation Centre members and guests. The incumbent works towards creating excellence in the fitness centre reporting directly to UNRC Manager.
Responsibilities will include.
- Providing professional life guarding services to United Nations Recreation Centre members and or guests. The lifeguard works towards creating excellence in the Fitness Centre reporting directly to the Head Instructor
- Maintaining constant surveillance of members in the swimming pool; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of members in the event of emergency.
- Providing first aid care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Always presenting a professional appearance and attitude and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performing various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Provide professional swimming activities that include coaching, teaching classes and program design to United Nations Recreation Centre members and or guests.
- Carrying out swimming lessons for both members and non-members.
- Double-checking that the administrative assistants at the reception reserve swimming lesson bookings correctly.
- Promoting swimming lessons to both members and non-members for purposes of increasing sales.
- Recording all the services rendered to members for purposes of accountability.
- Have a client database or profile in his/her record.
- Advice clients on swimming related matters.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Certificate/Diploma is required.
- Certificate in swimming training, lifeguarding is required.
- CPR/first aid Certified is required.
- Certificate/Diploma in lifeguarding and swimming instructor or related qualifications is required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a reputable organization / setting offering fitness or related services is required.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
Deadline : Dec 4, 2023