Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners
Lutheran World Federation Kenya- Somalia, Kakuma Program is seeking to recruit a National staff for the following position;
The Cook shall be responsible for the preparation of meals, serving of meals, maintenance of the kitchen facilities,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep track and maintain containers used for storage of food at the centre stores.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the kitchen facilities for supporting received asylum seekers.
- Observe cleanliness of the kitchen and the environment as per sphere standards.
- Make sure the asylum seekers receive quality hot meals at 100% entitlement.
- Make sure there are constant/enough supplies of food, firewood and water at all times..
- Keep track and maintain containers used for storage of food at the centre stores
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary school certificate
- 3-4 years experience as a cook in a busy institution
- Time management
- A good team player with high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Meals preparation skills
A person of high integrity that will model LWF/WS Kenya Somali Program core values:
- Dignity and justice
- Compassion and commitment
- Respect for diversity
- Inclusion and participation
- Transparency and accountability
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Disclosure: The LWF participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme developed by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response, which requires LWF to conduct reference checks with prior employers including questions about employee misconduct. By proceeding with this job application, you consent to LWF requesting a Statement of Conduct from previous employers. This Statement of Conduct is requested from previous employers for all candidates for employment and provided to all employers that request it from LWF.
The closing date for this application is 25th January 2023.
Contract Duration: Annual Fixed Term, with possibility of renewal.
Position is open to Kenya Nationals only.