Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners
Lutheran World Federation Kenya- Somalia, Kakuma Program is seeking to recruit a National staff for the following position;
The Store Clerk is responsible for the safety and maintenance of the commodity tracking system which allows stock tracking and recording of all ordered, receipts, and release of stock.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive all the deliveries – on receipts of supplies check stock against copy orders and waybill/delivery note and safeguarding the contents of the store.
- Carry out regular spot check on all items under my custody to ensure there is proper accounting of the stores.
- Raise issue vouchers and Issue items to store users (Departments) as per authorised requisition form.
- Enter receipts and withdrawals of stock (Supplies) on stock records (Bin cards, GRNs ) on daily basis.
- Reconcile bin balance and physical stock balance.
- Maintain accurate records of all items in the stores and -keeping written records up- to- date legible and accurate.
- Generate asset and stock movement report as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Business management, procurement and supplies, store keeping.
- Proven warehouse supervisory 3 to 4 years experience
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficieny
- Excellent customer service; responding to customer requests and ensuring contractual obligations are upheld
- Computer skills; understands computers and have hands-on experience using applications like spreadsheets and word processors, internet and email
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
A person of high integrity that will model LWF/WS Kenya Somali Program core values:
- Dignity and justice
- Compassion and commitment
- Respect for diversity
- Inclusion and participation
- Transparency and accountability
Contractors, Suppliers, Stakeholders, Donors, Auditors
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Disclosure: The LWF participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme developed by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response, which requires LWF to conduct reference checks with prior employers including questions about employee misconduct. By proceeding with this job application, you consent to LWF requesting a Statement of Conduct from previous employers. This Statement of Conduct is requested from previous employers for all candidates for employment and provided to all employers that request it from LWF.
The closing date for this application is 25th January 2023.
Contract Duration: Annual Fixed Term, with possibility of renewal.
Position is open to Kenya Nationals only.