Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners
Lutheran World Federation Kenya- Somalia, Kakuma Program is seeking to recruit a National staff for the following position;
Technical Programs Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Technical Programs Coordinator will plan, implement and undertake the Kakuma program strategies in line with LWF country strategies and Government of Kenya policies through provision of oversight to ensure expected program objectives are achieved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development, implementation and review of all Kakuma program activities and budgets; continuously monitoring activities against work plans to identify possible areas of improvement, making recommendations and recording lessons learnt.
- Provide oversight to program activities ensuring compliance with policies and procedures as provided by LWF, funders and legislation.
- Support oversight in management, implementation and improvement of service delivery in liaison with the Area Manager.
- Build capacity of the project teams in the Kakuma program while promoting a conducive work environment and teamwork.
- Supervise and empower the technical project leads to develop, monitoring tools, reporting templates and service delivery procedures.
- Coordinate preparation and submission periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annual) reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations and action plans.
- Participate in internal and external meetings, as well as identify opportunities for partner collaboration as appropriate in addition to other activities such as advocacy, dissemination and knowledge management.
- Develop area program concept notes and proposals for existing and new donors as necessary from time to time.
- Support the Area Manager in identifying, assessing, monitoring and implementation of measures to reduce or control risks that may impact program delivery, quality and compliance.
- Carry out relevant tasks related to programs as assigned by the Area Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Planning and Development, Education, Development Studies or related fields
- Proven experience of minimum 5 years working within a humanitarian and development programme.
- Experience gained with an international NGO will be an added advantage.
- An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to implement accountability activities within the LWF World Service essential.
- Certification in Program Management or other relevant certifications an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, use of internet and email
- Proven experience in Project Management within the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including influencing negotiation and pragmatism.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation and documentation experience with humanitarian programmes.
- Ability to liaise with a variety of people successfully and effectively in a multicultural set up.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Management Team, Sector Heads, Implementing Staff
Partners, County Government Officials, Community Members, Working Groups
A person of high integrity that will model LWF/WS Kenya Somali Program core values:
- Dignity and justice
- Compassion and commitment
- Respect for diversity
- Inclusion and participation
- Transparency and accountability
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Disclosure: The LWF participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme developed by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response, which requires LWF to conduct reference checks with prior employers including questions about employee misconduct. By proceeding with this job application, you consent to LWF requesting a Statement of Conduct from previous employers. This Statement of Conduct is requested from previous employers for all candidates for employment and provided to all employers that request it from LWF.
The closing date for this application is 25th January 2023.
Contract Duration: Annual Fixed Term, with possibility of renewal.
Position is open to Kenya Nationals only.