Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About this role:
- Our Android team is relatively small. We have 9 specialists with combined experience in Android, Kotlin and team leading. Our Android Engineers are part of our engineering department, which is always growing. Our engineers work remotely from locations such as UK, Europe and Africa.
- As a Android Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional team of android, backend engineers, product managers and testers. Your main responsibilities will design, develop, and maintain M-KOPA’s Customer apps, and deliver software that scales with both company and customer growth.
- As part of this role, you will work on a variety of problems that could include deliver new offers and products to our customers; Deep diving user journeys using data and implementing focused updates to address our customers needs; Collaborate with fellow Android engineers to improve application quality and raise coding standards.
- We use Kotlin for our Android apps and .NET for our backend. Our teams work in a self-organised agile fashion where they keep track of their work in Azure DevOps, which we also use for our CI/CD. Our cloud provider is Azure, where our microservices are hosted in Azure Kubernetes Services. We implement Android applications following clean architecture principles, unidirectional data flow and jetpack compose.
- We are a team of passionate product-focused engineers committed building and encouraging an environment where our colleagues feel valued. We encourage knowledge sharing and learning as much as possible.
You’re excited about this opportunity because:
- You like to put your people and teammates first and bring your most empathetic self to work
- You like to take a product-focused approach to development and drive changes using data to guide your decisions
- You have the opportunity to identify gaps in the product experience, influence the project and the way we work
- You embrace DevOps mindset and understand the benefits it brings to the team
- Working in a team makes you happy and you like collaborating with other teams to grow and improve the department and wider business
- You will follow software best practices when handle sensitive data and Protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- You will own releases, support product teams and troubleshoot issues, driving improvements in our codebase and standards
- You enjoy working in cross functional domain teams, collaborating on issues and deep diving into features to improve our users’ lives
- Advocate CI / CD best practices and understand the importance of writing clean code
We’re excited about you because you:
- You are excited to work on product-driven development.
- You apply critical thinking to presented requirements and deliver constructive feedback, while communicating difficult technical issues clearly.
- You have commercial experience in Android and Kotlin and you prefer taking ownership.
- You know how to setup analytics experiments and make data-driven decisions.
- You understand the importance of testing and you are experience writing clear and reliable tests as well as aware of testing best practices (i.e. testing pyramid and test automation)
- You are experienced with Kotlin coroutines and structured concurrency
- You are familiar with the Jetpack tool suite and modern Android development practices.
- You have previously worked for a large-scale product and you are familiar with the following: Trunk-based development, Clean Architecture, Dependency Injection, Uni-directional data flow (MVI), Feature Toggles, Docker and Azure DevOps
- It will be beneficial if you have device locking, connected asset financing or banking experience
- We are looking for someone who is excited about what we do. You don’t need to be an expert in FinTech but you are keen to learn and apply our values.
What’s in for you:
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, and dental)
- Group Life Cover
- Remote working (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- WIFI payment up to 5 Mbps monthly (dependent on the nature of the role)
- 21 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
- Annual Learning and Development Fund – You have an annual $ 1,200 allowance to spend on learning and development
- Home Office Set Up – this includes a budget of $1000 that you can use at any time after signing the offer letter
- On site retreats with wider tech team, plus trips to operational markets