IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
As a Receiving and Loading controller, you will verify accuracy of inbound and outbound shipping documents, support the Customer Service and Yard Operations teams with data entry, reporting and customer communication. Coordinating documentation for incoming freight and monitoring and tracks incoming containers and inventory accuracy.
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
– Customer Service Delivery
– Achieving results through influence & partnership
– Working in an integrated Operation team and teamwork & cooperation (relationship building)
– Interpersonal skills (impact & influence) and Client Management & Communication skills
– Telephone Skills and Continuous Improvement Techniques
– Knowledge of the clients supply chain and Managing multiple objectives and priorities
– Time management and Interactions within large culturally diverse multinationals
- Receipts of teas and any other warehousing relates goods into the warehouse.
- Loading of Teas and any other Tea Related Goods in the warehouse.
- Container inspections before loading as per guidelines of tea trade and export requirements. E.g. VGM, Customs Entry.
- Container verification in line with shipping orders, clients’ booking references, Markings, Palletization, strapping.
- Facilitation of Tea weight notes to brokers and clients.
- Shipment preparations as per client’s requirements e.g Marking, Top and Bottom Capping, Repacking of Teas and Palletization with assistance of warehouse labor personnel.
- Requisition on consumables and any other related shipment materials usage,
- Warehouse arrangement for total space utilization and efficient in a safe.
- Conduct in any physical stock taking as directed by the warehouse supervisor or any other management within the Organization.
- Coordinator of health and safety team as my be guided by Organization health and safety Team policy.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum of 3 years proven work experience in a tea warehouse.
- Certificate in East Africa freight forwarding practicing Certificate from KESRA.
- Proficient in ERP system and integrated stock management system.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of warehouse safety regulations
- Physical dexterity and experience operating forklifts.
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry and inventory software programs.