IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
About the job
Location: Nairobi, Kenya | hybrid
Job Industry: Public Relations & Communications in the nonprofit and social enterprise sector
Job Function: Business Development | Marketing
Schedule: Full-time contract | Part time can be considered
Remuneration package: US $1,500-2,500 per month, plus uncapped bonus
Magnia is a communications consulting firm headquartered in Dubai and with teams in Nairobi and Addis Ababa, that works with social enterprises and nonprofit organisations that operate in or serve communities in emerging economies. The majority of our current work is with African-led organisations that are focused on creating impact across the continent, as well as in their own countries. We develop brand communications strategies and implement systems, automations and processes that enable teams to grow awareness, capacity and resources.
We are committed to partnering with in-country creative professionals in the regions in which we work, who we connect with our clients to ensure contract work is being developed from a local perspective.
Magnia is recruiting a business development professional with experience working with social enterprises and/or the nonprofit sector, to support our growth in East Africa. The ideal candidate is confident and relational when interacting with current and potential clients, and has exceptional communication and presentation skills. They are proactive, organised and experienced using CRM systems and managing all stages of the sales cycle.
- Manage business development for Magnia across Kenya, and act as a spokesperson, with an interest to expand across East Africa
- Generate new leads and build relationships with prospective clients, by uncovering needs and presenting Magnia’s work through key messaging
- Develop and manage sales/partnership pipeline
- Track and report metrics to ensure targets are met
- Maintain a database/CRM of contacts and media
- Support marketing efforts to ensure departments are aligned towards common goals
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years business development experience in similar sector role
- Impeccable English-language communication and writing skills
- High attention to detail and passionate about brand standards
- Experience in full sales cycle with demonstrated success
- CRM experience is preferred
Contract and Remuneration Details
This hybrid role is based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are offering a competitive market remuneration package between US $1,500-2,500 per month depending on experience and suitability, with the potential to earn double in bonuses/commissions.
Interested candidates please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting with suitable candidates that are shortlisted.
Closing date for applications: December 18, 2022