IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
About the job
Location: Nairobi, Kenya | or remote (Sub-Saharan Africa)
Job Industry: Public Relations & Communications in the nonprofit and social enterprise sector
Job Function: Communications | Marketing | Public Relations | Writing/Editing
Schedule: Full-time contract
Remuneration package: US $2,000-3,000 per month
*Please read the job description and requirements in full before applying via email. Only applications with a CV and cover letter will be considered*
Magnia is a communications consulting firm headquartered in Dubai, and with teams in Nairobi and Addis Ababa, that works with social enterprises and nonprofit organisations that operate in or serve communities in emerging economies. The majority of our current work is with African-led organisations that are focused on creating impact across the continent, as well as in their own countries. We develop brand communications strategies and implement systems, automations and processes that enable teams to grow awareness, capacity and resources.
We are committed to partnering with in-country creative professionals in the regions in which we work, who we connect with our clients to ensure contract work is being developed from a local perspective. As we grow, we are looking for exceptional communications officers and managers from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Magnia is recruiting a high-calibre Communications Officer with experience serving social enterprises and/or the nonprofit sector. The ideal candidate is strategically minded, is highly skilled in writing and editing, and is a passionate learner and adaptable. The individual should be detail-oriented, precise and clear in their communications and confident and relational when interacting with current and potential clients.
This position will be split between two key areas of responsibility:
As the internal communications officer, your main duties will include producing high-quality, informative content, press releases, articles, social media campaigns and media opportunities to share our company’s brand and services and generate leads.
In addition, you will become an important representative of Magnia in East Africa and will be attending client meetings (in-person and via Zoom), developing new business opportunities through networks, and managing existing client projects.
Internal Magnia responsibilities
- Create digital content and manage its dispersion across various inbound marketing platforms (blogs, email newsletters, social media, etc.)
- Maintain a database of media organisations and contacts
- Support the business development for Magnia across Kenya, and act as a spokesperson, with an interest to expand across East Africa
- Management of outsourced creative professionals
- Reporting of campaign results and optimisation of strategies based on data
- Write, edit and create content for relevant key stakeholders, including key messaging, website copy, press releases, thought leadership pieces, etc.
- Support the development of practical and actionable communications and fundraising strategies tailored to specific client needs
- Support with brand and digital audits and the development of digital marketing recommendations
- Event and workshop (virtual or in-person) support and facilitation
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing – or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years communications or marketing experience required, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Impeccable English-language writing skills
- High attention to detail and passionate about brand standards
- Experience creating key messaging and/or website content
- A good understanding of digital marketing, including SEO best practices when creating content
- Experience sourcing, briefing and managing creative professionals (photographers, graphic designers, etc.)
- Capable of working well as part of a team and independently, whilst remote
- Familiarity or experience working with CRM software
- Familiarity or experience working with Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Familiarity or experience working with WordPress
- Familiarity or experience working with Hootsuite or a similar social media marketing platform
- Familiarity or experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
Contract and Remuneration Details
The role would ideally be based in Nairobi, Kenya, but we are willing to consider remote work opportunities for the right person based in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are offering a competitive market remuneration package of US $2,000-3,000 per month, depending on experience, suitability and respective market standards.
Interested candidates please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting with suitable candidates that are shortlisted.
Closing date for applications: December 18, 2022