Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The Principal serves as the educational and operational leader, who through collaboration directs all efforts towards academic excellence, and the nurturing of all staff, learners. In addition, the Principal will be responsible for building effective relationships with the parent community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBS
- To give direction to the school to offer a suitable approved and diversified curriculum in accordance to circularized guidelines from the Ministry of Education and supporting organizations.
- To formulate overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation.
- To create an ethos and provide educational vision and direction which secures effective teaching, successful learning, and achievement by learners.
- Ensure sustained improvement in learners’ spiritual, moral, cultural, mental, and physical development and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities, and experiences of adult life.
- To create and implement a strategic plan, underpinned by sound financial and human resourceplanning which identifies priorities and targets for ensuring that learners achieve high standards and make progress.
- To ensure that all staff are committed to the school’s objectives, motivated to achieve them,and involved in meeting long, medium- and short-term objectives and targets which secure the educational success of the school.
- To work with management to secure and sustain effective teaching and learning throughout the school and to monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching standards of learners’ achievement using benchmarks and setting targets for improvement.
- To ensure that all learners receive a good quality education through a programme designed to promote a stimulating style of learning in a safe and healthy school environment.
- To ensure a consistent and continuous school-wide focus on learners’ achievement using data and benchmarks to monitor progress.
- To establish creative, responsive, and effective approaches to learning and teaching.
- To take a strategic role in the development of the new and emerging technologies to enhance and extend the learning experience of learners.
- To monitor, evaluate, and review classroom practice, promote improvement strategies to ensure that under performance is challenged at all levels, ensure effective corrective action,and follow up is undertaken in line with the individual learner’s progress.
- To coordinate internal and external assessments and examinations in line with Makini standards and relevant examination policies.
- To ensure that teachers prepare comprehensive schemes of work and teaching aids in line with Makini policies.
- To organize regular staff and management academic meetings to monitor performance after every assessment.
- To maintain accurate and complete student performance records and share this with parents, guardians, and management.
- To coordinate parents’ meetings, open days and other activities involving the participation of parents to enhance partnership.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
(minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job)
Education & Professional
- A Minimum of a Bachelor of Education degree or its equivalent from a recognised University.
- Honours/Master’s degree will receive preference
- Knowledge of the role of the governing body
- Knowledge of what constitutes quality in educational provision, the characteristics of effective schools
- Competency Based Curriculum
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills,
- A team player
- Digital literacy
You must be logged in to post a comment.