Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Reporting to the Director, Bilateral and Multilateral Relations, the role focuses on coordinating grants management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes, ensuring donor compliance while working in collaboration with other entity staff to produce high-quality and timely narrative donor reporting as well as conducting staff capacity building on grants management and reporting.
- The Manager, Grants and Compliance will be responsible for providing program teams with general grants management support and advise on donor compliance and AKU regulations to ensure grants are implemented on-track, on-time, and on-budget.
- This position is ideal for a self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong grants experience who can produce quality deliverables within a limited time-period.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage grants on the full award cycle including solicitation, pre-award, award, monitoring and compliance, reporting and close-out.
- Develop, maintain, and update grant management tools, templates, policies, SOPs, and guidance documents for award management and administration.
- Collaborate with Program/Project staff on sub-recipient/subcontract monitoring of deliverables, invoices, compliance with regulations, as well as terms and conditions.
- Advise program/project staff on matters related to preparation, administration, and close-out of grants and sub-awards.
- Coordinate regular grant monitoring, using appropriate grant management tools and through facilitation and support of regular Grant Review, Opening, and Closing Meetings
- Oversee and systematize a comprehensive information management and filing system, ensuring donor contractual documents, reports, and key correspondences are consistently and frequently archived.
- Support program staff in grant revisions, modifications, no-cost extensions, and/or budget realignments
- Proactively identify compliance risks throughout the portfolio and advise programs, support teams and senior management on necessary actions
- Liaise with Programme Leads about specific compliance issues, clearly communicating issues to relevant colleagues.
- Manage all grant reporting to ensure timely delivery of high-quality reports for donors that meet donor requirements, coordinating closely with program managers and coordinators for inputs.
- Ensure quality information management related to reporting by overseeing the regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal AKU/AKUHN documentation and Grant Unit tools.
- Alongside the finance team, assist program technical leads and operations staff with understanding the financial reporting requirements of their grants.
- In collaboration with Program teams prepare donor-ready submissions from academic, hospital, construction and finance teams.
- Ensure that all donor guidelines and requirements are adhered to.
- Conduct ongoing capacity strengthening of staff in report writing, editing and critical analysis.
- Provide capacity building for staff in grants management, budget monitoring and overall compliance.
- Support training to program staff related to donor regulations as well as processes for visibility and communications
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
- A post-graduate degree or equivalent from a reputable university.
- Demonstrable donor report writing skills.
- Mandatory Monitoring and Evaluation expertise
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of bilateral/multilateral donor policies, procedures, and requirements.
- General knowledge of Foundation and Philanthropic Giving (Private foundations and public charities)
- Demonstrated ability to form effective and productive relationships with stakeholder counterparts, in order to achieve unit objectives.
- High degree of accuracy, timeliness, and a very strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrable understanding of the full-life cycle of awards and the different sub-award mechanisms
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Experience of working in an international, multi-cultural environment.
- Possess a calm disposition, great communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is desirable.
Closing Date : 24/09/2023, 9:59:00 PM