Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration will be responsible to the Principal and Chief Executive Officer for the overall management of the human resource and administration function. The position reports to the General Manager, Corporate Services.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Co-ordinating the formulation, review, harmonization and implementation of human resource and administration policies, guidelines and regulations;
- Building capacity of human resource and administration for effective execution of human resource and administration function;
- Developing human resource management plans to ensure effective succession management;
- Ensuring institutionalization of performance management including performance appraisal system;
- Interpreting and advising on human resource and administration policies and regulations;
- Monitoring the implementation of human resource and administration policies, rules and regulations and analysing their impact on staff;
- Facilitating human resource planning, communication, discipline, employee relations, remuneration and staff welfare;
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of an up-to-date human resource and administration database;
- Spearheading the monitoring, evaluation and auditing of human resource and administration activities and programmes;
- Overseeing the preparation of Board papers relating to human resource and administration for deliberation and decision making by the Council
- Overseeing allocation and utilization of office space; supervising office management services and staff;
- Facilitating prompt payment of electricity, water bills and other utilities; ensuring adherence to Government regulations and procedures on vehicle usage;
- Devising and implementing security procedures and policies;
- Liaising with the security officer for investigation of all security incidences;
- Undertaking prompt settlement of accident vehicle cases; coordinating rental management;
- Ensuring implementation and promotion of best human resource and administration standards and practices;
- Preparing departmental budget and work plans;
- Coaching and mentoring of staff. (xviii)Approving of departmental plans and budget
- Appraising performance of officers and recommend for rewards or sanctions
- Undertaking such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this grade.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Master’s Degree in business administration, human resource or a related filed or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any other field and a post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management
- Thirteen (13) years relevant working experience five (5) of which must be in management.
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) will be an added advantage
- Supervisory Skills course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- A Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- Value and principles (provisions’ of chapter six of the constitution
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated results in work performance
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strategic thinking;
- Analytical skills;
- Strong communication and reporting skills;
- Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Project Management Skills
- Team player; and
How to Apply
Applicants should send hard copies or e-mail their application and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with copies of certificates, indicating qualification, working experience, current position and remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and day-time telephone number by indicating the position applied for and vacancy reference number as the subject heading to email@example.com.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications to reach us not later than Wednesday 22nd November, 2023 and addressed as follows:
The Chairman, Council
Kenya Utalii College
Off Thika Super Highway
P. O. Box 31052-00600
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org