Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PRACTICE AREA DESCRIPTION:
Within Genesis, work on Social Protection is led by the Human Development practice team. The Human Development practice works for a world where everyone can develop to their full potential. We are focused on expanding meaningful rights and opportunities for marginalised people. We work in critical human development areas, including health, nutrition, WaSH (water, sanitation and hygiene); youth, education and early childhood development; social protection and social care, while including a gender lens across the areas mentioned. Rapid changes in demography, climate and technology are generating massive challenges and tremendous opportunities for human development. At the same time, Covid-19 has caused a severe shock to human development from which people and systems need to recover. We help governments, our global partners, and private and non-state clients to improve the delivery of key human development services while navigating these changes.
Our Social Protection team specifically helps clients establish well-funded and equitable social protection systems and programs. We emphasize effective budget allocation, utilization of technology, and adaptability to shocks and opportunities.
You will collaborate with Genesis colleagues to manage and participate in consulting teams dedicated to assisting clients in unlocking and realizing value in human development. This involves helping governments and their partners understand and address various risks affecting their populations. These risks encompass “fat tail” risks such as Covid-19, conflict, or catastrophic climate change, as well as risks associated with age, disease, the economy, and technological change. Your role will involve supporting clients in developing responsive, adaptive, and comprehensive Social Protection systems, including social transfers, social insurance, support for labour and jobs, and social care services. The ultimate outcome will be improved risk and shock management for marginalized populations, ensuring access to a minimum safe income for a decent life.
We hire managers with the strong belief that they can become partners at Genesis. Genesis offers a highly rewarding, challenging, and flexible career. Working with your mentor, we encourage you to explore living and working in different locations and deepening and complementing your specialised skills and knowledge in social protection.
KEY REQUIREMENTS & ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
In each project, you will:
- Ensure service excellent and delivery;
- Manage interactions and negotiations with clients;
- Performance manage the team and team members;
- Ensure project profitability and efficiency;
- Assess and structure the problem to be solved, and approach to the analysis of data and information, testing and refining hypotheses, and drafting and communicating conclusions and recommendations to the client.
- In some cases, you will travel to do this, usually with colleagues.
You will also play a role in:
- business development in social protection, including responsibility for leading and managing proposals;
- turning new ideas on social protection into concrete products, such as blogposts, academic articles, conference presentations, or innovative products for clients.
- practice organisation, including working on practice strategy, business systems, recruiting, nurturing, and managing consultants, and leading and building new specialisms in social protection.
- We offer you a steep learning curve while providing an opportunity to make a difference. We will invest in your professional development. We offer meaningful work with professional, talented and supportive teams; mentoring and regular feedback from partners; structured training and coaching programmes; and a career ladder. You will learn:
- How to structure and solve problems in a rigorous and collaborative way that actually leads to realising value.
- How to work effectively in diverse, lean, agile and professional teams.
- How to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- About your own work and leadership styles and preferences.
- Specialist technical skills in social protection.
The ideal Genesis candidate carries a balanced combination of powerful intellect, strong technical skills, and a consulting character to match. Such candidates:
- Are passionate, self-motivated and energetic problem-solvers
- Value integrity and exhibit ethical behaviour
- Are analytical thinkers and fast learners with an excellent academic record.
For this role, the preferred candidate will possess the following essential skills and competencies
- Master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Maths, Statistics or similar
- At least 5 years’ relevant professional experience in social protection.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams in changing environments
- Leadership skills, and the capability to lead teams and projects
- Ability to solve problems through clear thinking, and strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Excel.
Other desirable skills and competencies include:
- Consulting experience
- Proficiency in other advanced software packages, such as STATA, R, Python, data visualisation, presentation or design software, and GIS
- Languages relevant to Genesis’ geographies, especially French.