Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Develop Access Strategies & Services that meet internal and external stakeholder needs for cost-effective healthcare solutions – focusing on value management, pricing, optimized patient outcomes, and revenue enhancement. The objective is to ensure optimized patient access for specified brands within Janssen’s portfolio, with focus on value-capturing pricing.
Develop tender pricing models and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for implementation enhancing patient access in selected portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops local market access strategies for the Janssen portfolio (Mental Health, Oncology and Immunology) as well as the necessary tools to support the strategy (including value dossiers, economic models and data generation strategies).
- Drives comprehensive market access strategies through the integration of pricing and reimbursement, health technology assessment, evidence-based medicine review, and health economic modeling activities.
- Leads and works closely with key sectors/centers to understand and elicit the Market Access/Reimbursement requirements and to propose and implement the necessary strategies and actions to address these requirements.
- Works in collaboration with cross- functional teams internally to develop timely and robust market access strategies.
- Works collectively with payers, reimbursement influencers and other decision makers to ensure the continuous changing reimbursement systems remain fair to all involved parties.
- Tender process management and renewals for existing and new bulk accounts.
- Customer relationship management including liaison with distributors for pricing and assigned negotiations.
- Work cross-functionally to gain key insights to support strategy development and future activities.
- Mapping of key stakeholders and thought leaders in disease areas from market access perspective and develop understanding of key stakeholders including the payers.
- Plan, engage and visit partners following health care compliance guidelines to meet the needs for patients’ access to Janssen portfolio in geographic area and disease area of responsibilities.
- Support budget planning with HEMAR lead and ensure proper budget allocation and timely execution of planned activities.
- Engage with CVTLs (Country Value Team leads) and communicate all market access and health economics related activities for the upcoming year to support the BP for the product.
- Identify partnership opportunities with local health authorities in collaboration with Government Affairs Department.
- Develop suitable patient access and support program that enhance patient reach of our medicines.
- Develop robust strategic business cases from a pricing perspective incorporating all key insights for sustainable business model strategies are developed in alignment with the local teams to achieve optimal pricing.
- Liaison between distributor and company for optimal pricing models
- Good knowledge of Healthcare Compliance rules
- Key Account Managers
- NEMA Market Access and Pricing Leads
- Medical and Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Other medical representatives and JKAMS
- Country Manager
- All relevant healthcare professionals
- Payers – NHIF and other payer in the industry
- Key decision makers in tender institutions
- Company selected distributors.
- Ministry of Health
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 3-5yrs of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry in sales, Marketing, medical affairs, and business development.
- Experience in market access in pharmaceutical industry will be an advantage or healthcare payer at management or professional level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare funding environment and decision making including relevant stakeholders,
- Understanding of value-based healthcare pricing and principles.
- Understanding of tender and pricing process in Kenya.
- Working in a cross functional matrix team and project management skills.
- Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of demand
- Strong account management and relationship building skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work to meet quality standards and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Desire to work as part of a small, cohesive, and collaborative team.
- Fluency in English and one or more local languages
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed under pressure.
- Strong team player and resilient.
- Demonstrate and role model leadership behaviours.
- Ideally with an entrepreneurial mindset, a self-starter and excellent problem-solver
- Analytical, strategic decision making and project management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead through influence within cross functional environment.
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ability to adopt economic models to local needs.
- Customer centric mind set
- A strong performance track record
Leadership Behaviors Required
- LIVE OUR CREDO: Puts the needs of Our Credo stakeholders first, pursues the highest standards of quality, safety, compliance & ethics and Ensures everyday actions contribute to Our Purpose
- CONNECT: Builds internal and external relationships based on respect, Collaborates openly across boundaries and acts as a team player.
- SHAPE: Inspires and contributes ideas that challenge thinking, demonstrates resilience and agility to drive and adapt to change.
- Grow: Develops self and others to reach their goals, engages in open & honest conversations and Drives performance by managing energy and taking ownership for outcomes.