Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to the MEAL Coordinator and the LEGO MEAL Advisor and technically supported by the Regional MEAL Technology Coordinator, the MEAL Technology Manager will be responsible for supporting use of MEAL technology to improve data management and quality for the TeachWell project and all projects being implemented in the IRC Kenya country program. The position will lead in overall database management, developing and deploying electronic data collection tools in ODK, Kobo collect and specifically CommCare, data analysis and creation of visual dashboard in Power BI, project system trouble shooting, training of users, improving electronic data flows, data quality, data analysis, creation of project dashboards and other information products. The position will ensure that the databases are integrated and interoperable with existing project partner databases and in line with the country programs and LEGO data quality guidelines. The position will take an active role in adaptive management through active participation in stakeholder engagements, reviews, learning and work planning meetings.
TeachWell MEAL support
- Support the Teachwell MEAL Advisor in overseeing IRC and project partners’ MEAL activities, including supporting in the design of a MEAL project framework for results tracking.
- Support the LEGO MEAL Advisor in developing and managing a monitoring and evaluation system across all project components that leverages qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Contribute to design and development of project data tools through origination, deployment, user support, quality controls and data flow monitoring.
- Works closely with the Teachwell MEAL Advisor to co-design indicators, measurement tools, and identify monitoring responsibilities.
- Develop teacher professional development database with teacher profiles, electronic attendance registers, and teacher observation components for respective training modules.
- Harmonize TeachWell database with partner school database to link teacher and learners’ data targeted by the project.
- Extract and sub-set data for analysis and reporting as required.
- Contribute to produce to Teachwell M&E monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Manage design and roll out of Teachwell technology and data collection tools, including leading on Project Indicator Dashboard (PID) and other Power Bi analysis tools.
- Develop and implement tools for spatial visualization of data across coverage maps.
- Organize repository for research, learning, assessments, and other information products generated from the project.
- Train users on databases, tools and other applications designed for the TeachWell Project.
Deployment of Technologies for Data Collection
- Regularly undertake MEAL technology needs assessments for IRC Kenya program.
- Lead the development and ongoing adaptations of the forms in CommCare and dashboards Power BI.
- Design and implement project plans for programs transitioning to new data collection tools.
- Configuration of non-standard project/program indicators in data collection tools.
- Ensure data validation is well embedded in the structure of data collection tools.
- Collaborating with programs, IT and supply chain teams to plan purchase of devices and licenses needed for data management.
- System training and ongoing end-user support for IRC and partner staff.
- Overall project database management ensuring system integrity and accuracy of data, as well as leading routine data quality checks.
- Ensure projects indicators data are systematically presented in their specific Program Indicator Dashboard (PID)
Supporting Data Management, Analysis, and Visualization
- Working from standard XLSX and PBIX templates, setting up indicator database and dashboard for visualizing MEAL data.
- In close collaboration with MEAL Coordinator, undertake Data analysis, Data Quality Assurance and Data reviews and use to inform the Project Programming
- Providing training to MEAL staff on indicator databases and dashboards
- Undertaking data quality assessments for current databases
- Migration or transformation of existing project or country level data into standard data structures
- Follow up with country MEL staff to ensure monthly data is uploaded in line with the standard operating procedures, check completeness and accuracy,
Understanding user needs and ensuring these needs are well understood throughout the team.
- Gathering user feedback on data tools during and after deployment
- Participating in requirements capturing and user acceptance testing (UAT) for new tools
- Sharing user feedback with relevant colleagues for improvement purposes.
- University degree in Information Technology, Database Development, Web Design and Networking, Data Science, or related studies.
- 5 Years’ experience in Project Database development, processes and management.
- Experience in data collection tool using mobile data collection systems such as Commcare, KoBoCollect or any ODK system.
- Technical skills in setting up Databases data quality controls, validation criteria, project staff training and capacity strengthening and system trouble shooting.
- Proficiency and experience with mobile data collection such as CommCare, ODK, Microsoft Excel, SPSS, STATA or other similar software’s, Power-Bi and GIS software tools.
- Confirmed ability to lead, mentor and empower a small to a medium professional team.
- Self-motivated with good organization, and planning skills, including prioritizing work and multi-tasking.
- Willingness to travel to various field-level offices (50%).
- Knowledge of MEAL functionality across different thematic areas is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Proven skills in making empirical data accessible for different audiences, and in using different channels and media.
- Self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships for program promotion and issue-resolution.
- Active listening and effective communication.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Professionalism and work ethic.
- Receptive and Resilient.
- Positive Interpersonal interactions.