IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Location: based in Nairobi
Application deadline: 14th August 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining all financial and accounting records for the organization with strict adherence to policies and standards.
The Accountant will report to the Finance/Accounting Manager.
- Process all financial transactions in the electronic Systems to enable accurate financial reporting and monitoring.
- Control Compliance of expenditures and payments to vendors and staff within MSF EA policies and procedures.
- Ensure management of accounts payable and receivable including staff accounts, VAT and vendors.
- Prepare reconciliation of all Balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensure exceptions are identified and dealt with promptly.
- Maintain cash receipts, vendor invoices, bank statements and other records of accounts.
- Maintain and manage archiving of financial documents to safeguard financial records and audit trails. Develop and maintain the data retention schedule for finance, accounting and procurement.
- Coordinate with the internal and external auditors during audits and do financial audit preparation.
- Ensure Statutory deductions are paid on time.
- Interface with HR and procurement on various elements of financial systems and processes related to the organization activities.
- Perform month-end closing process.
- CPA (K) or other professional qualification in accounting.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree or any accounting-related discipline.
- At least 3 years of accounting experience (preferably in INGO).
- Well-versed in computerized accounting packages
- Highly motivated and interested in the humanitarian sector.
- Flexible with working hours.
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Service Orientation
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Location: based in the Médecins sans Frontières-Easter Africa (MSF EA) HQ in Nairobi
- Full-time position.
- Annual Gross salary of KES 2,358,905 Other Secondary benefits as per MSF EA policy.
- Open-ended Contract.
How to apply
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, and motivation letter by 14th August 2022
Please note that MSF will only contact short-listed candidates.
MSF is committed to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization where all individuals (regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, etc.) feel welcomed, respected, supported, and valued and where all individuals have equal opportunities to develop and grow professionally and personally)
We highly encourage women and persons with disability to apply for this position.