IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
MSF anaesthetists are teachers and trainers, and are there to help people manage pain in sometimes unbearable circumstances.
The role of an MSF anaesthetist is incredibly varied: you might find yourself training local staff in the middle of a refugee camp hospital or managing anaesthesia with very basic resources for complex obstetric surgeries – all in the course of a day.
Our anaesthetists often work across various departments; supporting surgery, maternity and going wherever else they are needed.
As an anaesthetist you would be responsible for ordering and managing materials to manage the anaesthesia needs of an entire hospital, mentoring and support for local staff learning basic anaesthesia, planning and implementing anaesthesia management training workshops. You will also support pain management for all departments in the hospital/health centre.
- Proven experience in anaesthetics – experience of paediatric and obstetric anaesthesia is particularly useful
- Full registration (doctors without this will need to provide a transcript of training, from a recognised training faculty and proof of original registration in the country they are registered in)
- Ability to work with limited resources
- Availability for a minimum period of six weeks to a maximum of six months
- Minimum of three months travel or work experience in developing countries
- Ability to work in unstable environments
- Adaptable and able to work in a team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to provide training and supervision to others
- Fluency in English is essential
- You will find it helpful to have done other medical jobs – time spent in casualty and paediatrics departments will be especially relevant
- Availability at short notice
- French or Arabic skills, which may be tested during the recruitment process
DOCUMENT TO COMPLETE:
It is essential to have more information about your specific technical competences in anesthesia. This is a checklist, intended for Anesthetist. It must be completed according to your current level of practice.
This information will be useful for a better allocation of staff to the positions and to identify specific training needs. The lack of skills will not prevent you from being assigned a mission, so please be honest in your self-assessment.
Please download this file:
Complete it and upload the completed document in the step of the application after you click Apply and create your candidate profile.