Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Driver – Handyman
Location: based in Nairobi
Application deadline: 14th August 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
This position aims at supporting the day-to-day movements and other administrative tasks under the facilities to:
- Performs office errands, drive staff on official trips, and act as MSF EA bank Agent.
- Perform any other duties in support of facilities services and office running activities.
The Driver Handyman reports to the IT & Facilities Manager.
- Transport staff on official trip and ensure transportation of goods as needed.
- Collects Goods when necessary, or plan for delivery with the suppliers.
- Act as a bank agent
Fleet focal Person – 2 cars
- Ensure the fleet car are in good condition (physical/mechanical) and is responsible for cleaning, service and maintenance.
- Ensure the vehicle insurance is up to date and MSF EA and traffic policies and rules are adhered to.
- Maintain the fuel card and logbook with updated information on consumption and service.
- Assist with any task related to support facility services and maintenance.
- Organise and plan the use MSF EA external leased storage space, including delivery of items to and from the space.
- Support staff and MSF EA with their events, assist handyman and external maintenance and repairs vendors.
- Valid driving licence.
Education and experience
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Driving experience of at least 2 years in a reputable organisation, preferably for NGO (MSF experience desired).
- Language: fluent English & Swahili desirable.
- Basic computer skills in MS-Office (Excel, word..).
- First aid and defensive driving skills.
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Service Orientation
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Highly motivated and interested in the humanitarian sector.
- Flexible with working hours.
- Location: based in the Médecins sans Frontières-Easter Africa (MSF EA) HQ in Nairobi
- Full-time position.
- Annual Gross salary of KES 1,326,383 Other Secondary benefits as per MSF EA policy.
- Open-ended Contract.
How to apply
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae and motivation letter by 14th August 2022
Please note that MSF will only contact short-listed candidates.
MSF is committed to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization where all individuals (regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, etc.) feel welcomed, respected, supported, and valued and where all individuals have equal opportunities to develop and grow professionally and personally)
We highly encourage women and persons with disability to apply for this position.