Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Contract: Full-time employment on an open-ended contract
Expected start date: October 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organisation that provides assistance to people affected by war, conflict, natural disasters, outbreaks and epidemics or healthcare exclusion. The organisation now works in more than 70 countries around the world, with significant projects across East African countries including in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
MSF Eastern Africa is the regional institutional office for MSF. The office focusses on representation and networking, recruiting and supporting staff from the region, communications and fundraising, as well as on other dossiers of importance to MSF such as Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI), mutualization, trainings, medical operational support and environmental health.
From 2018, MSF has been investing in a communications and fundraising department based in Nairobi. The aim of the department is to progressively raise the profile of MSF in the region, to support communications and dissemination for crises within East Africa and to develop fundraising from the region.
The Engagement officer will support both the communications and fundraising team, as well as other departments in the office, including recruitment and internal events. The role will focus on producing events for a wide range of audiences and supporting the FR manager with elements of their work including donor care. The overall aim of the role is to support with raising the visibility of MSF and supporting our fundraising efforts.
The role will be managed day to day by the FR manager, with oversight from the Director of Communications and Fundraising for non-FR events.
- Production of events from start to finish for a range of audiences and budgets including large scale public events, small high-level donor networking moments, online recruitment days and internal staff get togethers.
- Overseeing all aspects of the event including brainstorming concepts, researching possibilities, managing logistics and service providers, producing the event, overseeing the budget and negotiations with suppliers as well as the post event reporting and follow up, always keeping the target audience in mind.
- Liaison within the MSF movement to benefit from existing knowledge and ideas for events.
- Collaboration with the rest of the communications team to publicize the event.
Support for fundraising
- Managing fundraising events from start to finish, under the guidance of the FR manager.
- Managing donor database and communication including drafting, validating and sending out thank you notes and other donor communications, ensuring their quality and consistency with MSF´s standards and timescales.
- Managing donor queries and follow-ups in a timely, effective and professional manner.
- Managing the CRM and other FR systems, in collaboration with the FR manager.
- Collaborating with other members of the team on supporter journeys and FR pages of the website.
- Assisting the FR manager with research into donors and prospects.
- Assisting he FR manager with the production of FR materials.
- Assisting the FR manager with the production of FR reports.
- Providing back up for the FR manager in their absence.
- Experience in event production (on and offline), relationship and project management.
- Good organisational skills and able to juggle multiple priorities, working with multiple stakeholders.
- An interest in MSF and humanitarian work in general and an ability to quickly understand the organisation´s social mission generally, as well as in specific countries/projects.
- Highly computer literate and experience/ability managing database systems.
- Proven ability to produce highly professional written work for a variety of audiences.
- Professional and diplomatic manner, with experience of dealing with people including at a senior level.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Based in Nairobi at the MSF Eastern Africa section office.
- Full-time employment on an open-ended contract.
- Annual gross salary: KES 2,358,905 plus secondary benefits based on MSF EA Reward Policy (Work life Balance Support allowance, Employer Pension &savings, medical insurance cover…).
- Expected start date: October 2022
How to apply
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, and motivation letter by 30th September 2022. Please note that MSF will only contact short-listed candidates.
MSF is committed to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization where all individuals (regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, etc. Feel welcomed, respected, supported, and valued and where all individuals have equal opportunities to develop and grow professionally and personally)
We highly encourage women and persons with disability to apply for this position.