IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
As a gynaecologist with MSF, you could change a woman’s life forever.
From flying to remote areas to manage complicated deliveries to caring for women struggling from debilitating conditions in conflicts, MSF obstetricians/gynaecologists make a huge impact on women’s lives in our projects all over the world.
Our gynaecologists also require obstetrical skills as they will often run an entire maternity ward in a large secondary health facility.
It’s a challenging and rewarding role and you will be responsible for tasks such as providing curative care for women and children, performing obstetrical surgeries, managing and training a team of staff to run the department and provide a high standard of care .
- Proven professional experience after registration
- Current or recent clinical experience
- Full registration with appropriate professional body
- Available for a minimum of three months
- Minimum of three months’ work, volunteering or travel experience in developing countries
- Willingness to work in unstable areas
- Adaptable and able to work in a multicultural team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to provide training and supervision to others
- Fluency in English
- Managerial and supervisory experience
- Diploma level of training in tropical medicine and/or infectious disease (especially TB and HIV/AIDS) from a recognised training provider
- French or Arabic is an asset
DOCUMENT TO COMPLETE:
Due to the nature of MSF’s maternity projects, it is essential to have more information about your specific technical competences in obstetrics. It is a checklist, intended for Gynecologists. It must be completed according to your current level of practice.
This information will be useful for a better allocation of staff to the positions and to identify specific training needs. The lack of skills will not prevent you from being assigned a mission, so please be honest in your self-assessment.
Please download this file: