Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Product Manager is someone with a passion for design and building products, with a solid technical understanding – and has good interpersonal skills for coordination with engineering and design teams and partner teams across the world.
You will contribute to building end-user experiences in a product area, understanding customer and user needs for your area, define the end-to-end user experience and customer journey, develop roadmaps, and negotiate priorities, and work with internal and external partners to deliver innovative functionalities and features. This will require close interactions with partner teams such as leading engineers, designers, and user researchers.
As a Microsoft Product Manager, we are looking for someone who:
- Works closely with design and user research to create, develop, and refine innovative & compelling user-centric experience solutions that meet the business, project, and design goals and objectives.
- Deeply empathize with and understand the underlying customer needs
- Forms hypotheses and performs experiments to iterate and drive improvement in specific performance metrics
- Contributes to large cross functional projects with internal teams and partners, tracks and manages dependencies to enable cohesive, connected user scenarios.
- Works across multiple engineering groups to align on product/solution architecture & technical requirements.
- Ensures standards are met throughout the development lifecycle (e.g., quality, privacy, security).
- Master’s degree or equivalent, computer science or related technical disciplines preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in software product development with end user experiences OR equivalent
- Background in driving features throughout product lifecycle
- Experience in driving partnership/collaboration
- Ability to help the team in solving technical problems in the best conceivable way
- Be able to see the difference between good and bad interaction design
- Be updated on what is happening in the industry and be an active user of services that change how people connect, communicate, and collaborate
- Strong verbal/written communication (English) and organizational skills
- Focused on solutions and results