IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Senior Software Engineering Manager
- Job number 1456417
- Date posted Nov 17, 2022
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Software Engineering
- Role type People Manager
- Employment type Full-Time
- Work site Up to 50% work from home
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
The Microsoft Identity group serves over a billion active users, powering Identity experiences at the core of every Microsoft product and service. Identity is a booming business, quickly reaching over $1 billion in revenue as part of the Enterprise Mobility Suite of services.
Beyond that, the Identity organization sponsors two development centers in Africa (Nairobi, Kenya and Lagos, Nigeria). Nairobi has over 500 employees and interns working on charters beyond Identity such as M365 Core, Windows & Devices, Cloud Security and Advocacy.
As we expand on this investment, we are seeking a senior software engineering manager. This is an exciting leadership opportunity, one that doesn’t come along very often.
You will be working with a team of amazing engineers reporting to you, Product Managers and with our partners across Microsoft.
As a senior software engineering manager on our team your responsibilities will include:
- Building a strong team which respects the cultural values of Microsoft and the communities we work in.
- Collaborate with teams across Microsoft
- Evangelize best practices across the team. Coach and grow team members
- Design, develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
- Lead effective changes in incident and problem management processes
- Participate in and lead team discussions about architectural design and other topics.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 8+ years of software development experience, preferably in C#, Python, C/C++, Java, or other high-level programming languages
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and a desire to learn from others.
- Passion for agile teamwork and building a collaborative team culture.
- Good communication skills, enabling transparency and productivity across teams in different parts of the world.
- Proven track record of people management and good people skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
COVID Vaccine Notification