Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning Senior Advisor for a potential 5- year Integrated Pharmaceutical and Supply Chain Technical Assistance project in Kenya.
The project aims to ensure sustainable access to and appropriate use of quality-assured and affordable health commodities through a resilient and mature supply chain system and pharmaceutical regulatory services.
The MEL Advisor will oversee the monitoring and evaluation and learning system for reporting progress and ensuring availability and use of quality data for adaptive management and maintain reporting procedures and guidelines in compliance with USAID systems. The MEL Advisor will be expected to develop a strong monitoring and evaluation and learning system and plan consistent with the USAID results framework, coordinate the collection of data including conducting field visits for data validation, monitor the quality of data sets, contribute to the adaptive management of the program, oversee the development, maintenance and use of the project technical information management system, and document project performance against established outputs and indicators. The MEL Advisor will also be responsible for building the capacity of the Government of Kenya, Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders in the collection, utilization, and dissemination of data as well as ensuring that all monitoring and data collection activities are harmonized, and information is shared. The MEL Advisor will also assist the MOH to monitor programs and assess the robustness of implementing organizations’ data collection and MEL mechanisms.
- Design and implement the Project’s MEL system, including the development of indicators, setting targets, monitoring project progress, ensuring timely data collection, writing quarterly and annual reports, and liaising with the project financial team to track the budget in relation to all project results and outcomes.
- Provide technical inputs to the implementation team in order to assist in developing program goals and objectives as well as MEL tools and strategies and provide monitoring data to strategically inform the decisions on project performance and future direction to the project, for enhanced adaptive management.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and use of the project technical information management system, and its interoperability with the national health information management system. Support the MOH to develop a health sector MEL framework and monitor health system strengthening interventions.
- Provide regularly updated reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to the Chief of Party, USAID and other program managers as required.
- Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and/or outcomes that are worthy of documentation and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
- Adhere to MSH procurement integrity and institutional standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline and at least 8 years of demonstrated experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for complex programs in developing countries.
- Excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous MEL system including developing performance monitoring plans that track performance as sub-results/results and by funding stream.
- Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
- Operations research experience is desired.
- Experience leading and building the capacity of MEL officers, including remote, field-based staff, to meet program needs and deliverables is desired.
- Proven expertise working on supply chain projects.
- Proven expertise in the management/supervision of health management information systems.
- Extraordinary organizational, verbal, and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, DHIS2.
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with different software such as WMS, ERP, eLMIS etc.
- Experience working within the health sector in Kenya is required.
- Experience with USAID programs/projects strongly preferred.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English required.