Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own? Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening. At Living Goods, you will have the opportunity to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative environment, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
To lead the monitoring, evaluation and learning functions in Living Goods Kenya working hand in hand with the Global Office and Performance, Evidence and Insights shared services to strengthen Kenya programs performance and to generate local insights and evidence.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Oversee the implementation of the country monitoring and evaluation plan in alignment with organization plan
- In collaboration with analysts provide comprehensive progress reports on all Kenya programs
- Collaborate with teams to develop and implement Kenya project specific MEL plans
- Collaborate with the Global MEL team in designing KPIs and targets for LG Kenya programs.
- Provide technical input into funding proposals for Kenya
- Support the Global Research Manager with local context and technical review into LG Kenya’s evaluations, research and experiments initiatives (study designs, methodology and field implementation of surveys)
- Implement Kenya-based research/evaluation initiatives undertaken by external consultants including obtaining necessary ethical approvals.
- Initiate and execute operations research initiatives based on Kenya program needs.
Data Quality Control
- Oversee the implementation of Quality Control (QC) strategies, tools and processes ensuring adherence to to QC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and working hand in hand with service delivery teams for PDSA cycle to be adopted.
- Oversee QC reporting, ensuring quality and timely dissemination to LG-Kenya management and service delivery teams. QC reports to include data analytics, gap identification and key recommendations
- Coordinate periodic surveys, data verification processes, data analysis and customer satisfaction feedback mechanisms
- Design and compilation of key lessons learned and best practices emanating from field implementation and research initiatives.
- Represent LG at national and international fora including technical working groups, communities of practice, conferences, workshops and meetings.
- Lead, supervise, mentor and coach the country MEL team to enhance their capacity to deliver effectively.
- Identify appropriate capacity building initiatives and opportunities for the team and build team effectiveness.
- A first degree in M&E, Public health, epidemiology, statistics or a related field. A postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline would be an added advantage and/or professional certification in MEL or project management.
- At least 7-9 years of work experience with 1-3 years at managerial level
- Professional Certifications/Qualifications: Specialization and/or professional certification in Monitoring and Evaluation
Key Competency Requirements:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to provide guidance on MEL solutions
- Clearly understands operational strategy and objectives and linkages to organizational strategy.
- Manages programs/projects to ensure all team members are fully deployed and skills are matched to the project requirements.
- Strong management orientation and high levels of integrity.
- Thinks several steps ahead to anticipate likely outcomes and decide on the best course of action.
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation and make formal presentation.
Deadline closes : 30th November 2023