Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Provide key inputs to the County Programme Manager (CPM) for capturing the issues specific to your sub-county in the planning and implementation of HSNP Operations;
- Lead on planning and implementation of all operations of HSNP in the sub-county.
- Participate in the County Technical Coordination Group (CTCG) meeting, once a month, to provide key inputs for decisions on HSNP Cash Transfer issues especially the beneficiary cases and also seek feedback from the representative of the payment service provider.
- Identify key issues arising in the course of implementation of the programme and take remedial actions with the approval of the County Programme Managers.
- Act as HSNP focal person at the sub-county level while representing NDMA.
- In consultation with the CDC and HSNP-CPM, proactively engage with stakeholders, including sub-county level Central Government representatives, the County Government and other local stakeholders in order to build support for the programme.
- Facilitate the implementation of HSNP communication strategy to ensure that all beneficiaries are aware of the programme and able to engage with it effectively.
- Monitor the aspects of communication on a regular basis to make sure that the SMS/Voice messages that are delivered to Chiefs, Assistant Chiefs, Payment Agents and others for payments are communicated to the people in their locations and sub-locations by the respective Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs through Barazas.
- Distribute beneficiary names amongst the Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs before every payment is made and make sure that the lists are posted outside the offices of Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs. Also make sure that people are aware of these lists and are helped by Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs for confirmation of their names. The lists should also be read out to the people during the Barazas before every payment is made.
- Lead on implementation of communication and mobilization campaigns in the sub-county for all operations of HSNP in coordination with the HSNP-CPM, County government, communication specialist at PILU and other relevant stakeholders especially for identification of missed out households, registration of missed out households in the Programme, National ID registrations, Bank Account opening, Bank Account Card
- distribution, cash transfers, case management, capacity building andany other activity.
- Undertake communications activities within the sub-county to:
- Ensure that all beneficiaries are aware of programme processes so that they can effectively participate; and
- Build support for the programme across the sub-county.
- Collect Case Management forms (Update and Complaints cases) from the offices of Chiefs after every two weeks;
- Review all the case management forms and verify them against the information from the HSNP MIS, ID information given to you on the memory cards by the Chiefs. Any forms that are incomplete or incorrectly filled up, should be returned for completion/correction.
- Review and process for approval, all the complaints that are registered in the system through SMS, web form, complaint form, telegram, CMS, helpline and other channels.
- Enter all the valid/verified case management forms into the CMS at the earliest and make recommendations to the County Programme Manager for approval/rejection of the cases. The recommendations
- should be made on a case by case basis, in the comments section of the CMS interface.
- Manage the MIS reporting and operational interface(s) of HSNP in the sub-county, especially for case management;
- Investigate and resolve complaints at the sub-county level in consultation with appropriate partners.
- Track outstanding cases to ensure that they are resolved.
- Report as necessary on the status of cases to HSNP-CPM, HSNP PMU and county/sub-county stakeholders as appropriate.
- Lead effective troubleshooting in liaison with the HSNP-CPM, mobilizing the necessary additional resources for effective implementation.
- Engage and work with relevant institutions like the KNCHR, the office of the Ombudsman and others to address beneficiary rights issues.
- Participate in facilitating acquisition of National IDs by programme beneficiaries through engagement with the sub-county Registration staff of NRB;
- Generate reports as required by HSNP-CPM.
- Develop and implement a detailed sub-county registration plan in close coordination with the HSNP-CPM, in accordance with the guidance received.
- Facilitate HSNP-CPM in developing and implementing a registration training plan for enumerators and their team supervisors in the subcounty.
- In consultation with HSNP-CPM, facilitate development of a communication training plan for Chiefs, school teachers and others in the sub-county.
- Coordinate with Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs for implementation of advance communication for registration and other operations as per the operational plan.
- Provide regular technical assistance on registration to registration staff of the sub-county.
- Randomly monitor the registration activities in the field especially communication and data enumeration.
- Make sure that all the team supervisors are regularly shadowing the enumeration activities.
- Address issues of households on registration including missed out complaints, incorrect/incomplete data collection, biased data collection, fake data collection etc.
- Continuously identify trends of enumeration patterns, over productivity of enumerators, under productivity of enumerators and errors for a weekly meeting with his/her sub-county supervisors and coach them for correcting the issues.
- Make sure that the validation officers re-enumerate selected households of enumeration team members. The data collected will then be compared with the original data collected by the enumerator and results will be used for taking decisions on quality of original enumeration. The decisions taken by the HSNP-SCPO will be processed for approval/rejection of HSNP-CPM. HSNP-SCPO will be able to request the particular enumerators to re-do their enumerated households if the comparison results would suggest a lot of changes/errors.
- Make recommendations on removing and replacing the enumerators that are unable to collect data correctly. The decision making on enumeration data acceptance and replacement of enumerators will be taken in consultation with the HSNP-CPM.
- Participate in monthly meetings with HSNP-CPM for issues of serious nature involving politics, complaints, grievances, staff behavior, resource issues, productivity issues and any other issues of significance.
- In consultation with other NSNP programme stakeholders, carry out the community-based validation process with the help from Chiefs, Assistant Chiefs, village elders and others to validate beneficiaries for HSNP and other NSNP CTs.
- Randomly monitor field activities involving interaction with the beneficiaries for collecting their complaints and updates around HSNP operations. The randomized sampling of the beneficiaries will be facilitated by M&E and MIS specialists at PMU.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or other equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in social protection and/or cash transfers or other relevant experience.
- Proficiency in English, Swahili and a local language.
- Must be Computer literate with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to manage the operations of the Programme through the MI Identify any issues arising with the implementation of HSNP and lead effective troubleshooting in liaison with the HSNP-CPM, bringing in resources from the county as necessary.
- File regular progress reports on all project activities to HSNP-CPM and CDC; monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annually.
- Be responsible for following HSNP security guidelines with respect to project staff and assets.
- Report and provide timely advice on security issues and incidents.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor
Method of Application
The public is notified of the following:
- Detailed job descriptions, requirements and applicant’s bio- data form is available on the website http://www.ndma.go.ke
- Applicants MUST fill the Bio-Data Form whose link will be availed in the
- Authority’s website. Applicants who will not fill the bio data form will have their applications rejected.
- All applications MUST be received on or before 22nd May, 2023 by 5:00 pm.
- NDMA is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply
- There is NO fee charged by NDMA for any application of these positions
- Canvassing of any form will result in disqualification of the candidate
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to Apply
- Interested qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of certificates & testimonial with the title of the position clearly indicated in the email
- subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org and also fill the Bio-data form whose link will be provided in the Authority’s website. Applicants who will not fill the bio data form will have their applications rejected
- Successful candidates will be required to fulfill the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya specifically clearance from the following institutions;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- National Police Service (Certificate of good Conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applications should be addressed to;
Chief Executive Officer,
National Drought Management Authority
P. O. Box 53547 00200
Applications may also be dropped at the Authority’s offices in Isiolo County located at Isiolo town at the County Commissioner’s compound during working hours between 8am and 5pm. Those applicants submitting physical applications MUST also complete the Bio-Data Form.
Applicants MUST fill the Bio-Data form whose link is provided above. This is in addition to submitting application as per instructions in the compressed advert. Applicants who will not fill the Bio-Data form will have their applications rejected.