Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
DEPUTY DIRECTOR ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION AND AWARENESS – GRADE E3 (1 POST)
An officer at this level is responsible to the Director Environmental Services for the overall planning and coordinating environmental education, awareness and training activities in the Authority.
Duties and responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will include but not limited to:-
- Developing National Environmental Education and Information Action Plan and coordinating the management of environmental information with lead agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations and the private sector;
- Coordinating Environmental Education and Information;
- Participating in updating of the NEMA website;
- Exchanging environmental information with national and international non-government agencies;
- Coordinating development of information, education and communication (IEC) material;
- Disseminating environmental information through manuals, codes and articles.
- Planning environmental training for NEMA staff and other stakeholders;
- Providing support to the library for environmental information management;
- Liaising with higher training institutions in developing regular and in service training;
- Initiating linkages among institutions in environmental education;
- Coordinating the implementation of the department’s strategic plan and realization of its objectives;
- Overseeing the implementation of performance appraisal systems and performance contracts;
- Ensuring accountability and prudent management of resources and assets and ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity;
- Supervising, guiding and developing staff working under him or her.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Environmental Education, Environmental Science; Education, Natural Resource Management; Sociology, community development, or any other relevant qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Environmental Education, Environmental Law; Environmental Policy; Education; Environmental Science; Natural Resource Management; Sociology, community development, development studies or any other relevant qualifications from a recognized institution.
- A minimum period of twelve (12) years relevant work experience and at least four (4) years in a management role in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Good Communication skills.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in the work performance and results.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
Terms of service
All the above positions are on permanent and pensionable terms of service except for the position of Corporation Secretary/Director Legal Services – Grade E2, which is on a three (3) years renewable contract.
How to apply
Interested and eligible candidates are required to visit the NEMA website (www.nema.go.ke)>> Careers / Vacancies, for the full job descriptions and specifications.
- Download and complete the Bio-data Job Application Form which is available online from our website (nema.go.ke) >>Quick Links>>Downloads.
- Submit an application letter attaching the following:
- Completed Bio-data Job Application Form. DOWNLOAD
- CV with full details of education and professional qualifications indicating names and contacts of three referees.
- Copies of academic certificates and transcripts, professional certifications and testimonials.
How to submit
Email applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivered and posted applications
Hand delivered or posted applications, as appropriate, should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked to;
The Director General
National Environment Management Authority
1st Floor, NEMA Headquarters
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 67839 – 00200
The reference number of the job applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope and application letter.
All applications should be received by 5 p.m. on 21st March, 2023
Successful candidates will be expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
NEMA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Any form of Canvasing by any candidate will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You must be logged in to post a comment.