National Housing Corporation (NHC)
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
REF: NHC/COW/06/20 (10 POSTS)
Duties and responsibilities of the Clerk of Works entail: –
- Supervision of construction works on NHC Projects as assigned by the Project Manager/his representative and ensuring that works are carried out to specification.
- Supervise maintenance tasks on NHC developed properties.
- Work with the contractor to ensure a safe, secure and healthy work environment be enforcing safe site procedures.
- Ensure a safe and conducive work environment in the site.
- Ensuring construction projects milestone are achieved as defined in the project scope and that designs are adhered to.
- Scheduling and coordinating site personnel, supervising sub-contractors, resolving design problems and implementing any change orders.
- Responsible for handing over completed houses and co-ordination of post contract activities in the defects liability period.
- Coordinates and attends site meetings and prepares briefs to the Project Manager/ his representative on progress made on site.
- Maintain a register of daily materials usage.
- Prepare daily and weekly progress reports by the contractor.
- Any other duties assigned by the Project Manager/his representative.
For appointment to this position a candidate must have;
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience;
- Diploma in Architecture, Building Construction, Building Technology, Civil Engineering, or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications such as AutoCAD & ArchiCAD; and
- Fulfils the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Interpersonal skills;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to supervise others;
- Customer focus; and
- Report/Minute writing skills;
You must be logged in to post a comment.