Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
MANAGER, FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING & REPORTING (GRADE NTSA 4) – REF NTSA/01/2023/01
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Finance the job holder is responsible for financial accounting and reporting function of the finance department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-coordinating and analyzing Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) Budget;
- Assisting the Authority in costing programs;
- Incorporating the inputs into the budget process;
- Communicating approved annual estimates to various departments and ensuring that there is a timely adjustment of work plans commensurate with the resource voted in the budget;
- Interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- Ensuring expenditures are within the voted allocations;
- Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures; Preparation of management financial reports which include monthly expenditure, returns, monthly bank reconciliation statements, and revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements, analysis of deposit etc.
- Determining performance indicators for programs; and initial preparation of responses to all budgetary matters including all issues raised by the Board of Directors;
- Assisting Desk Officers to coordinate the preparation of budget estimates for various departments;
- Analyzing project proposals, budget Estimates and fiscal returns;
- Preparing fiscal reports and technical briefs on Financial Management.
Requirements for Appointment
- At least ten (10) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been at a middle management position in a large organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Economics or a related field from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Finance or in a related discipline from a recognized institution;
- Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination OR
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA)/Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or its equivalent professional accounting certification;
- Attended a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Computer proficiency; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of Finance function and a thorough understanding of the Public Financial management policies and regulations.
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Ref. No. on both the application and envelope to the address below, enclosing CV with full details of educational background and professional qualifications. The application should also have copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and the National ID. Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s Head Office Reception, 316 Upper Hill Chambers, Ground floor, 2nd Ngong Avenue, or posted to;
The Director General,
National Transport and Safety Authority,
316 Upper Hill Chambers, 2nd Ngong Avenue,
P.O. Box 3602-00506,
All applications should be received not later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday 31st January, 2023.
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.