Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PRINCIPAL FINANCE OFFICER (GRADE NTSA 6) – REF NTSA 01/2023/02
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting and Reporting the job holder will be responsible for projects and asset management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing Budgets for the recurrent and development votes;
- Preparing quarterly expenditure forecasts; coordinating reallocation of voted funds during the year;
- Monitoring expenditure and projects including programme implementation on a periodic basis, ensuring timely disbursement of funds;
- Compiling of budget estimates, Fiscal returns;
- Preparing of Fiscal reports;
- Compiling of expenditure proposals and Budget outputs and outcomes;
- Certify and verify returns, documents, vouchers, and monitor collection of revenue including inspection.
- The employee will also be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of management reports and providing guidance to employees under him/her to achieve the desired results.
Requirements for Appointment
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory position in the Public Service/Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Economics or a related field from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Finance or in a related discipline from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its equivalent professional accounting certification;
- Attended a Supervisory Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Computer proficiency; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Ref. No. on both the application and envelope to the address below, enclosing CV with full details of educational background and professional qualifications. The application should also have copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and the National ID. Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s Head Office Reception, 316 Upper Hill Chambers, Ground floor, 2nd Ngong Avenue, or posted to;
The Director General,
National Transport and Safety Authority,
316 Upper Hill Chambers, 2nd Ngong Avenue,
P.O. Box 3602-00506,
All applications should be received not later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday 31st January, 2023.
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.