Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PRINCIPAL INTERNAL AUDITOR (GRADE NTSA 6) – REF NTSA 01/2023/03
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit the job holder will be responsible for review and evaluation of the system of internal controls, assess their adequacy, effectiveness and proposing recommendations for their improvement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to preparation of risk based audit plan and programs for the audit engagement;
- Conduct in accordance to the auditing standards segments of financial, operations, systems and compliance audits to operations;
- Obtain information directly or indirectly through examination of records or interview the auditee;
- Safeguard the authority’s assets by establishing appropriate means of verifying their existence, ownership and valuation;
- Prepare audit working papers properly documenting the work performed; draft on a monthly basis audit reports and communications on work performed for review;
- Assist in establishing a follow up mechanism on agreed recommendations on financial, operational and regulatory deficiencies reported during past audits; and carry out special audits as may be directed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- At least eight (8)years relevant work experience 3 of which must have been in a supervisory position in the Public/Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Economics or a related field from a recognized institution;
- Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination; Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
- Computer proficiency; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Ref. No. on both the application and envelope to the address below, enclosing CV with full details of educational background and professional qualifications. The application should also have copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and the National ID. Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s Head Office Reception, 316 Upper Hill Chambers, Ground floor, 2nd Ngong Avenue, or posted to;
The Director General,
National Transport and Safety Authority,
316 Upper Hill Chambers, 2nd Ngong Avenue,
P.O. Box 3602-00506,
All applications should be received not later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday 31st January, 2023.
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.