Job Purpose Statement
This role is responsible for the operations that facilitate the stable operation of the bank’s core systems around Treasury, NCBA Investment bank, NCBA insurance, custodial services, finance reconciliation, Trade finance and related system Operations.
This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing systems Operations in collaboration with external vendors, system experts and information security experts.
This role will be responsible for systems support on Credit systems, Trade services systems, Treasury systems, NCBA Banc Assurance, NCBA Investment bank, Custodial services and all financial systems.
The systems include, IPEN, Credit-quest, Kollectpro, CRB, T24, SSP and ARCIB amongst others. Custody plus, Intellimatch, Broker back office, Wealth management, Calypso Front to back implementation, and other related systems (Reuters, DTS, Bloomberg, and ALM Reporting) for the entire NCBA Group.
The role also includes support for projects and changes carried out on any of these appliances and provision of effective and efficient user support, production management, incident management, change management, project management, patch management and application administration
The Bank Applications Specialist will schedule and direct activities to resolve the banking software and service problems in a timely and accurate fashion as per set out SLA and is in charge of the full Life Cycle of all the applications that fall within this area.
Ideal Job Specifications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science /Information
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a busy IT or Project Office environment within a financial institution.
- Understanding and experience in supporting Treasury Front / Back and Middle office operations.
- Good knowledge of Credit systems, Trade services systems, Treasury systems, NCBA Banc Assurance, NCBA Investment bank, Custodial services.
- Experience with IPEN, Intellimatch and Credit Quest is a plus
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis or Systems Analysis.
- Hands on Experience on Web Application Management on Jboss
- Good working knowledge on Treasury Applications. Experience on Calypso is preferred.
- Knowledge relating to treasury products and GL management is desirable
- Hands on experience with Project Management tools, systems design and analysis.
- Proven knowledge of banking operations, operations in business units and business impact analysis.