Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Mission Statement for the Role:
To own the deployment,commisioning,field support & preventive maintenance of all the assigned sites for Poa Networks across Kenya in a cost effective, timely and high quality manner allowing the Poa Commercial teams to achieve their growth goals.
Responsible for the deployment,commissioning,field support and preventive maintenance of all the assigned sites in the field (new networks and expansions) across Kenya helping in achieving the wireless install & commissioning targets cost effectively with a keen focus on quality and high safety standards hence assisting to achieve the company’s scale up plans.
- Profitably deploy,commission,support & maintain all the assigned sites for all the relevant Poa Networks.
- Network Tech and possibly engineering interns
Key SMART Results for A-Player
- Successfully deploy,commission,support & maintain at least 45 new wireless Distribution Points/ Entry Towers.End of Q4 2023
- Deploy & commission all the assigned sites within the planned timelines.Monthly
- Ensure right first time installations (No repeat works) for all the assigned works.Quaterly
- Maintain Tower (Distribution point) Availability _ 99.9% through proactive maintenance and timely reactive interventions.Monthly
- Ensure zero complains from the community/landlords during the site deployment & commissioning process for all the assigned works due to damages to property/improper site keeping.Quaterly
- Zero breaches to EHS requirements for all the assigned works (Ensure use of the PTW for all works).Quaterly
- Ensure that all the assigned works are deployed & commissioned in accordance with the Site Installation Documentation.Monthly
- Ensure all the assigned site installs are done with 100% compliance to all relevant legal regulations.Quaterly
- Ensure zero fatalities on site due to accidents for all the assigned works.Quaterly
- Ensure 100% accountability for all the issued materials/equipment.Monthly
- Ensure 100% accountability for work attendance & productivity of all direct reports.Monthly
- Ensure consistency, transparency and correct reporting among all direct reports.Monthly
Level of Management Experience Required (Mandatory & Nice to Have)
- Mandatory – proven experience in building, documenting and continually improving quality & efficiency in fast moving consumer tech services business in Kenya
Department stage of development where this role sits
- Prepare for Scale / Systemisation / Standard Documentation / Change ProcessesPrepare for scale through driving quality in operations
Key Competencies Criticality (H, M, L)
- Must have at least a bachelors Degree in any relevant Engineering Field but prefferably in Telecommunications/Electrical & Electronic Engineering.H
- Must have knowledge of routing and switching protocols, IT Systems, Radio Frequency Engineering an added advantage.HMust have at least 5 years of hands on experience as a Wireless Network Engineer or equivalent within the telecom industry.H
- Must be experienced and confident in working at heights with experience in Antennae installations/all other associated outdoor installs including Lattice masts Installation/ power installations/equipment installation and commissioning.H
- Must have successfully implemented major wireless installs & commissioning in a fast growing organization with limited resources and strict timelines.M
- Must demonstrate a consistent track record of having cost effectively deployed & commissioned wireless networks with strict adherence to high quality and safety standards in the past engagements.H
- Must be an enthuasistic strong team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills.H
- Must possess explicit team engagement capabilities with a great desire to always continue learning.M
- Must possess key third party supervisory skills with a results focused culture.M
- Must possess advanced knowledge of the wireless installation & commissioning standards and government regulations in the telecom industry.M
- Must be an optimistic individual with a to do attitude and an initiative taker.H
- Must be willing and ready to travel frequently to any part of the country on short notice.H
Mandatory Criteria if Any with no exceptions to hire:
- Must have operated in a business with similar Values and DNA to Poa to ensure quick cultural alignment.
- Must have directly supervised teams of at least 3 people.
- Must have worked for a rapid large scale growth organisation .
- Ideally must have worked in various parts of the Kenyan Coastal Region.
- Must be ready and willing to be tasked with higher but realistic deliverables under minimal supervision.
- Must have worked with multi cultural teams in the past.Must have worked productively, efficiently & effectively with self initiative and drive under strict timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.