IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Who We Are
Nexleaf is a nonprofit technology company that partners with countries to ensure they have the data they need to build lasting solutions that improve the health of people. We are committed to transforming global health systems using data-driven insights. Nexleaf’s technology is in use in over 25 low and middle income countries across Africa and Asia, protecting and supporting the infrastructure required to get safe vaccines to 1 in 10 children born each year.
We have built a team of curious skeptics, data lovers, forward-thinking computer scientists, and public health experts that are on a mission to rethink how life-saving solutions are designed and delivered. Through a feedback rich culture and a focus on iteration, our team collaborates globally to find lasting solutions for health systems around the globe. Partnering with leading organizations such as Google.org, Gavi, Qualcomm, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, we are focused on measurable and long-lasting impact.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Director for our Impact & Market Shaping (IMS) department, which generates evidence for how remote temperature monitoring (RTM) and internet of things (IoT) technology leads to better equipment management in healthcare systems. The learnings generated by the IMS Department inform the development of our technology and service models, and help to shape the market for healthcare equipment and data systems around the globe.
The ideal candidate for this role is a strong advocate and analytical thinker who is excited to forge a path for technology and data to positively impact health systems. Sitting on the Leadership Team, this candidate will need to be a problem solver and cross functional collaborator who is energized by working with diverse teams to tackle complex problems and will champion the needs of health systems within a technology company. If you are a leader who is excited about generating learnings and user-driven insights within a complex health system, and testing new models that catalyze use of data within Ministries, this role may be for you!
This role will report directly to the CEO and is fully remote. Some international travel will be required.
- Lead the process of setting the evidence, learning & design scopes of work for Nexleaf. The Director will pull together the input from the IMS team, product, business office, as well as international stakeholders to identify and implement the most important research and learning initiatives.
- Oversee designing, pilot testing, and prototyping models for data training and engagement in collaboration with other teams at Nexleaf, creating systems for effective use of data and technology adoption among MoH customers
- Oversee proposal development. Work with Vaccine and Medical Equipment Program teams, and Research & Data team to design pilots, research projects, and evaluations to generate needed evidence.
- Oversee communications and advocacy. Lead team members to effectively communicate evidence and to develop resources and technical content that can be disseminated via our regional partnerships to support the use of all data products. Leverage Nexleaf’s data in order to publish reports and inform global stakeholders on the state of health systems today
- Department budgeting and fundraising. Work with Strategic Partnerships & Engagement team as well as Program Managers to identify funding opportunities that match identified proposal concepts and evidence generation needs, and submit grant proposals. Work with the Finance Manager to oversee Department budget allocations, expenditures, and identify fundraising needs.
- Lead a global department of ~10 team members comprising project/program managers and data specialists. Ensure smooth execution of projects through effective delegation and allocation of responsibilities, team leadership and mentorship, enabling needed training and skills development. Provide mentorship and leadership to the team to elevate the quality of insights gained from our projects and learning opportunities.
- Represent Impact & Market Shaping on Nexleaf’s Leadership Team, serving as a link between the global health sector and our technology business. Bring a big picture understanding of health systems and identify where Nexleaf’s technology and data solutions can have the greatest impact.
- Contribute to Nexleaf’s overall strategic business and organizational development. Interface with Directors and leadership of Product & Innovation and Business Office to ensure coordination of shared goals and effective feedback loops between field evidence, product development, and customer service delivery.
- Develop and strengthen strategic partnerships with the aim of shaping the market for high quality data and effective health systems management. Serve as thought leader among partners and global health sector, using Nexleaf’s learnings to advocate for systems change.
Outcomes that this position will own:
- A portfolio of case studies, reports, presentations, workshops, and other communication products sharing the insights and learnings from Nexleaf’s experiences implementing health equipment monitoring technology worldwide
- A pipeline of research and learning initiatives providing robust impact measurement, insights, and evidence from our activities
- Strong relationships with global health sector actors who are invested in learning with us
- A strong culture of data within Nexleaf, lead by a motivated and collaborative IMS team
- 10+ years experience in global public health and/or international development, including:
- Experience working with Ministries of Health or similar government agencies in LMICs.
- Experience in technology adoption program design & implementation, research, and/or evaluation
- Experience interfacing with high level global development agencies and funders
- Demonstrated experience leading research and evaluation activities, including both project design and end communications
- Systems thinker with an ability to also leverage individual user-driven insights.
- Demonstrated experience translating data into powerfully communicated insights
- Exceptional leadership qualities and experience mentoring distributed teams from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with proposal development, grants management and non-profit funder reporting
- Experience working cross-functionally across different sectors. Nexleaf is a multi-faceted organization that requires the ability to translate and find coordinated ways of working between the NGO and technology industries
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills
- Interest and passion for innovative applications of technology in global public health
- Amazing start-up culture that’s purpose-driven and highly collaborative
- Fully remote company
- Fast-paced, high performing team focused on learning and getting better every day
- Benefits including health and generous PTO (including 1 week summer break and 1 week winter break)
- Flexible work hours