- Providing regular updates to the Board of Directors on all commercial and operational issues at the property
- Working in liaison with the Managing Director to: To maintain credit policies in sales, managing reservations and front desk, approve all complimentary services provided to guests to oversee planning, organizing and managing of the various maintenance, repair and capital projects of the facility
- Working in liaison with the Accounting, Tax Consultants and partners to: To ensure the timely and accurate completion of all period-end financial statements and reports to ensure the proper handling and accounting for all receipts and expenses to develop action plans to deal with forecasting and planning issues o hold credit meetings and supervise collection of major accounts to ensure that all credit control procedures are strictly adhered to both for sales and purchases
- Supervise performance of all operating departments including but not limited to housekeeping, food and beverage, purchasing, security and maintenance
- Ensure relevant operating procedures are in place and are operationalized to guide and maintain quality service delivery
- Be readily available at all times to deal with issues or complaints from both customers and internal teams
- Ensure villas are occupied as per the prevailing occupancy policies and guidelines
- Maintain liaison/co-operation with government and local authorities, industry regulators and partners to ensure relevant statutory compliances and smooth running of the business
SALES & MARKETING
- Develop and implement comprehensive sales and marketing plans as per the targets set by the Board of Directors
- Prepare and submit relevant occupancy and collection reports on a regular basis, as may be required by the Board, and not less than monthly, to facilitate tracking of sales and marketing performance against set plan and budget
- Develop and implement any promotions and rewards to ensure property occupancy maximization within the stipulated rates or as agreed with the Managing Director from time to time
- Acquire and engage sales agents, travel agents and any other commission based partners to ensure sales targets are met
- Acquire and engage, in liaison with the Managing Director, any marketing partners to ensure sales and marketing targets are met.
- Maintain a comprehensive historical and real-time customer database
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Manage the entire staff and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of staff members.
- Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment for all employees while ensuring that all employment-related processes and documentation are in compliance with corporate policies and applicable Kenyan laws.
- Take an active part in the interviewing, hiring and training of staff; and in the planning, assigning and directing of work.
- Liaise with the Managing Director on performance appraising; rewarding and disciplining personnel; addressing complaints and resolving any human resource issues.
PHYSICAL PLANT AND ASSETS MAINTENANCE
- Oversee planning, organizing and managing of the various repair & maintenance and capital projects of the facility
- Oversee the various maintenance teams, contractors and other technicians working on projects at the property
- Keep detailed and updated inventory reports of all physical company assets including buildings, facilities, equipment, fittings, fixtures, wares and accessories
- Ensure timely reporting of inventory shrinkage and reorder of inventory to ensure optimal operation of the facility
- Maintain expenditure records for capital projects and timely reporting of any implementation cost variances
- Maintain a record of manufacturers’ warranties and equipment leases
- Ensure all health and life safety equipment, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, telecommunication and all other building systems are maintained in good operational condition
- Ensure all common and public utility services are in good working order and bills are paid on time
- Minimum of Diploma in Hospitality Management or related professional training.
- Appropriate Hospitality Management related experience
Knowledge And Skills
- Highly organized and flexible individual with the ability to multitask and meet set performance timelines
- Strong Management skills
- Good people and communication skills.
- Above average relevant ICT and social media communication skills/knowledge
- Operations knowledge and or experience will be an advantage.
- Sales and Marketing knowledge and or experience will be an advantage.