IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Compliance Counsel – Africa
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Within Ethics & Compliance, the Compliance Counsel Africa reports to the Head Regional & Business Group Compliance – APJ and MEA
The Compliance Counsel Africa will support Nokia’s Africa market and is accountable to the Regional & Business Group Compliance Counsel – MEA and APJ. with a strong working relationship with Business & Regional heads for the Africa Market, MEA Legal Counsel, People Partners and Chief Finance Officer amongst others. This is an individual contributor role but would require extensive collaboration with other members of the global L & C team.
What you will learn and contribute to
The role is responsible for the design and implementation of compliance program required for the Africa region, which is aligned to the Regional and global Compliance Strategy. The role will be accountable for promoting and monitoring world-class compliance practices within each country and will drive and embed a culture of ethics and integrity within the organization by:
• Planning and implementing various compliance programs required for the Africa market including support to Country Senior Officers (CSO)
• Delivering trusted and effective “compliance and risk management” support across the Africa market
• Supporting and delivering assurance on the effectiveness of the local compliance controls framework and business continuity and risk mitigation controls
• Gaining commitment to building a culture of compliance through effective implementation of policies, processes, localized training and support.
• Monitoring compliance with policies and processes across the site
• Working closely with local People partners and Procurement leads, region and Global Compliance officers, to coordinate effective compliance management
• Plan and implement a robust compliance Program in Africa, aligned to MEA strategy
• Collaborate with HR, Finance, Procurement and other subject matter-focused “2nd line” functions”, as well as Global, Regional and Local Compliance officers, on program design, implementation and support.
• Ensure, that effective compliance programs are in place, across the Global Policy areas.
• Influence and engage with senior leaders ensuring thorough self-awareness of the compliance issues that may impact delivery of the Corporate Strategy (financially and/or reputational).
• Develop and maintain relationships with business leaders to ensure compliance strategies and plans are understood and remain supportive of effective management oversight and action.
• Drive a robust Training and compliance communications program in the Africa market as well as support senior leaders in driving compliance.
• Embed the Global Risk Framework (CCF) in coordination with the market leadership; and implement and monitor mitigation plans.
• Act as the primary contact point and internal expert with respect to compliance matters requiring external reporting to, or inquiries made by, regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
• Ensure that appropriate training on compliance-related topics, latest policies and/or procedures is provided to managers and employees.
• Implement and oversee robust open reporting, monitoring and auditing systems to ensure the effectiveness of the region and global Compliance strategy and framework in the Africa market, and provide assurance that the highest standards of integrity and ethical behaviour are applied throughout all activities of the business.
• Identify compliance matters that require follow-up or investigation, and, as appropriate, conduct investigations, or otherwise refer issues to the appropriate internal investigating body. As appropriate, such management shall include directly investigating some complaints; overseeing the investigation of others; and partnering with Human Resources to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action.
• Support and facilitate global audit activities and ensure identified gaps/risk are remediated within an agreed timeframe.
Your Skills and Experience
• Academic degree in Law or Accounting will be preferred.
• Minimum professional experience of 10+years with at least 6+ years of relevant compliance experience.
• Experience and understanding of compliance issues confronting the industry
• Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments
• Strong advocacy skills and sound business judgment
• Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others in addressing complex issues
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong networking skills internally and externally and a team player
It would be nice if you also have:
• Strong commercial skill set
• Analytical mindset
• Background in investigations is a plus
• Worked in a multinational company environment with good communications skill and is a strong team player
• Should be knowledgeable on FCPA, UKBA, Prevention of Corruption Act and other applicable national and international legislations
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.