IP NPI and NW Design Engineer
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Our Networks Infrastructure (NI) business group includes IP, Optics and Network Automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to – and among – edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
As MEA IP NPI (New Product Introduction) team as part of the Customer Engineering organization in the Network Infrastructure Business Center, we design, validate solutions, we drive first off integrations of Nokia IP solutions on customer networks and we introduce the latest network technologies to our customers. This is done in the form of lab/field testing, demos, workshops, dry run, proof of concept sessions and network integration services
What you will learn and contribute to
This job includes design, integration, problems resolution, new product introduction (demos/trials).
Work in a team or independently for definition and execution of demos, proof of concept, type approvals tests, field trials, and in general any New Product Introduction (NPI) activity with our customer for any new product or solution.
- Accountable from definition to validation / acceptance by the customer – working with mature elements of our portfolio.
- Candidates must be motivated and eager to deliver on complex technical projects with minimal supervision and thrive on the success of delivering IP solutions flawlessly.
- Candidates must be able and willing to travel with this position and work maintenance windows.
- This position provides a unique membership of a highly skilled IP community of Nokia and provides an excellent opportunity of career development
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As part of our team, you will:
- Will be prime interface with customer planning and design teams for any solution demands when assigned to project.
- Produce comprehensive design documents matching customer requirements.
- Develops customized test list documents and Method of Procedures
- Follow and provide design best practices
- Conducts customer POCs and Provide detailed test plans to be conducted in customer’s LAB.
- Plans and performs testing of new software in the lab environment followed by controlled introduction into customer live network.
- Performs software testing on customer networks for first office applications to ensure the integrated solution works.
- Interface with Design team (Regionals and Central) and PLM if needed
- Provides technical support to presales teams upon request
- Identifies and analyses customer needs and advises them on solution/products that are the best fit.
- Proactively acting to understand customer technical needs, identifying potential solutions and creating customer awareness.
- Offers Nokia’s IP solutions that secures and maintains Nokia business strategies
- Participates in technical meetings and conference calls related with responsibilities.
- The activities can be performed, by case either remote or local, at customer premises
Your skills and experience
- B. Sc. Degree in Computer, Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent disciplines,
- Preferred Certifications include: SRA, 3RP, NRSII, NRSI, CCIE/CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIE/JNCIS is advantage.
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written and documentation,
- Languages: Fluent English, French is a plus, Arabic is a plus.
- 4+ years of Experience in IP Solutions.
- Deep Knowledge and usage of Routing and IP/MPLS protocols and features, such as: ISIS/OSPF, BGP, LDP, LDPRSVP/TE, L2/L3 VPN, QoS, IPv6, BNG/ESM, NAT).
- Knowledge of hypervisors, like KVM, VMware is a plus;
- Experience / knowledge in Virtualization, SDN, Cloud is a plus;
- Knowledge and experience in using various test and measurement equipment, like Spirent, IXIA is also a plus;
- Ability and willingness to learn by him/herself, effectively and quickly;
- Customer orientation, very good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong team-player, flexible, easy trainee, capable of self-studying;
- Customer facing negotiation skills (preferably with troubleshoot background) and the ability to work independently;
- A flexible, positive and creative attitude to change; Ready for business trips in country and potentially in the wider region
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.