Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Nova Pioneer is looking for a rockstar Cambridge Computer Science Teacher to teach at our newest campus, Nova International, located at our Tatu Primary campus. The successful applicant should be willing and ready to start in January 2024. Please note this applies to teachers who have 3+ years teaching experience. You will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students.
About The Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Teaching the subject of Computer Studies is required. Qualification to teach Computer Sciences is preferred.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families and colleagues.
- Develop lesson plans and partner with the Learning Design Team in reviewing and updating lessons when required/ desired.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited and interested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students, both in academic and culture expectations.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of content and academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology into lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide effective student feedback so they internalize them.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior and model expected behaviour at all times for students to emulate
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization
- Serve as teacher on duty and/or boarding teacher on duty and support school wide programs aimed at behavior interventions.
- Timely capture of students data on academic outcomes and articulation of students progress to NP families and other stakeholders when called upon to do so.
- Support clubs, societies and other core-curricular enrichments at the school aimed at building all rounded students.
- Serve as home room teachers when called upon to do so
- Any other duty as assigned by your Manager
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have a TSC certificate
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required. The applicant is required to be qualified to teach Computer Studies. A qualification to teach a Science is a preferred second subject.
- A certification or teaching experience in Cambridge or other international curricula is preferred but not required.
- You have 3 years of teaching experience in the relevant subject ie Computer Studies/ Computer Science.
- You have good working skills with technology such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth.