Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Project Officer (PO) Tujukumike Child protection Project will be:
- Provide leadership and overall management of the effective and efficient delivery of project activities, outcomes, and objectives and on time and budget.
- Ensure the planning, implementation and review of project is done on a timely basis as per the project proposal and detailed implementation plan.
- Oversee training of 200 School based child protection teacher champions on OCSEA, SBVP and GBVP
- Oversee Training of 404 children champions on OCSEA, SBVP and GBVP
- Oversee Training of 204 Board of management on OCSEA, SBVP and GBVP
- Facilitate awareness campaigns and psychosocial support sessions for 19,500 children in school.
- Coordinate training of 160 Community Based Child Protection Resource Persons on OCSEA and Gender Based Violence Prevention
- Facilitate community awareness creation on GBVP and OCSEA
- Oversee training of 72 Children Advisory Committee (CAC) members on GBVP and OCSEA
- Support linkage to DCS to facilitate Case Management training for 40 Child Protection actors.
- Oversee training of 90 members of Charitable Children institutions and NGOs/CBO/FBO training on Child Protection Management Information System (CPIMS)
- Coordinate support to 7 functional child protection desks in Tharaka Nithi county
- Oversee training of Police Officers at the Child Protection and Gender desks on comprehensive case management for child protection in Tharaka Nithi county
- Facilitate Support to County Children Assembly meetings.
- Ensure project volunteers and staff are well managed and motivated.
- Plan for and organize monthly project meetings.
Planning and Budgeting
- Work closely with the project team and partners in preparing the project annual work plan and for effective implementation of the project.
- Prepare monthly funds projection and timely submit to the GAAM Unit.
- Work closely with the Child Protection and Advocacy Manager and other Program Specialists, Finance Officer and partners on monitoring and reporting of the project outputs, outcome and budget expenditure.
- Work closely with the finance officer to ensure that all project budgets are posted into the financial system in a timely and accurate manner.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Work in close collaboration with the MEAL Officer, Multi-grant Accountant and Finance Officers to monitor and report on the project progress in terms of deliverables and budget.
- Work with M&E Officer to develop and present options and recommendations to ChildFund to determine specific issues to be reported on and actions to address gaps identified to improve project outcomes.
- Coordinate regular review meetings with the project team and partners.
- Work with M&E Officer to document best/promising practices on Child protection and lessons learnt in order to better inform ongoing child protection work in Kenya
- Prepare and submit on a timely basis monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports to the CP and Advocacy Manager and the GAAM team.
Grant Acquisition, Resource Development and Management
- Oversee timely and high-quality compliance with donor reporting requirements as per the contract
- Oversee full utilization of donor funds, review project implementation bottlenecks, challenges and opportunities and suggest solutions to improve results-based implementation and reporting in collaboration with GAAM.
- Support identification of new funding opportunities through advance intelligence gathering, development of concept notes and project proposals in collaboration with GAAM and program teams to ensure consistency in coordination in line with ChildFund’s priorities and requirements.
- Support identification of new partners for new funding opportunities and other resource mobilization opportunities, supporting development of teaming and sub-award agreements, and manage consortium partners’ performance on grants.
Networking and Collaboration
- Represent ChildFund Kenya in forums, meetings, seminars, and conferences related to the project and as advised by the Country Child Protection and Advocacy Manager.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with Child fund’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Community Development, Social Work, Project Management, or related field.
- A strong knowledge background in Child protection, case management and the child protection system in Kenya.
- Experience working with urban and rural communities,
- Experience working with youth and Children.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good networking and advocacy skills.
- Team player.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience working on a similar project.
- Demonstrated experience managing a donor funded Child Protection and Child Development project.