Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Job holder will be responsible for Transport and Stores management in compliance with Concern’s and Donor policies & procedures. (Must read and understand Transport and Warehouse manuals)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and plan the use, movement, maintenance and repair of vehicles and thereby facilitating the most cost effective delivery of transport services.
- Ensure driver(s) accompany all vehicles for servicing. The driver must verify that service is completed and sign off on all job cards.
- Ensure vehicles are correctly fitted with seat belts, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, spare tyres, jacks, tools etc.
- Maintain all transport & fleet records for Nairobi Vehicles in accordance with Concern and donor requirements. Following up with suppliers for timely submission of transport related invoices ( Taxi & Fuel) & log sheets for timely payment processing
- Conduct checks on rented vehicles before engagement
- Ensure all paperwork filing is accurate, up to date, and in correct order so as to easily facilitate checks and audits (Separate folders for each vehicle).
- Manage Concern driver(s) in Nairobi. This includes ensuring daily checks are done and regular cleaning of vehicles.
- Line manage Nairobi driver(s) and ensure timely setting of objectives, annual performance reviews and submission of timesheets.
- Ensure drivers use good driving techniques that are geared towards reducing fuel costs, exhaust emissions, vehicle wear and tear and increase safety.
- Ensure timely & proper servicing/maintenance, maintain relevant documentation and keep records of all “next service km” for all Concern vehicles.
- Review all fuel vouchers, routine service documents before submission to budget holders for approval etc.
- Liaise with the procurement officer on the procurement of spare parts for technical approval, fuel and other transport or fleet requirements and advising staff on Concern’s Transport & Fleet policy & procedures
- Log sheets are correctly completed including km is charged to correct programme.
- Train new drivers on the use of DiRTrAC system, update the system by adding and deleting users, check vehicle trips, amend trips etc.
- Check vehicle trips, amend trips, update the system by adding and deleting users
- Ensure use of Concern job cards.
- Vehicle tracking to ensure rules are being adhered to e.g. speed limits.
- Manage stores and all store documentation e.g. stock cards, warranties etc in Nairobi
- Receive and document all deliveries (long term and in transit) and ensure safe storage.
- Organize dispatch, loading and offloading of deliveries.
- Transportation of supplies cost effectively by comparing courier vs consolidated cargo to and from program locations.
- Track distribution of purchased items ensuring proper documentation and summarise distribution reports for all offices.
- Maintain the final distribution files, manage all records submitted by program teams and ensure accurate consolidation and reporting.
- Prepare monthly transport and fleet reports for Nairobi office and submit for review by Line Manager, approval by the BH and for payment by 8th every month.
- Compile carbon footprint report for Concern vehicles by providing data on vehicle use, fuel consumption etc.
- Consolidate and review transport reports from the field offices before forwarding to the Logistics Coordinator for approval.
- Download reports and logsheets from the DiRTrAC system and share with finance
- Review all field transport reports and highlight anomalies before presenting for Line Managers review.
- Compile Nairobi fuel vouchers, reconcile fuel and utilization report at the end of every month, and submit documents for approval and payment processing.
- Compile Nairobi taxi reports per program and prepare PRF for payment
- Prepare comprehensive stores reports and stock reconciliation reports for Nairobi office
- Carry out stock reconciliation for Nairobi office and review the same documents from field offices)
- Adhere to and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and associated policies to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Participating and contributing towards Concern’s emergency response, as and when necessary
- Take all possible measure to meet Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A degree in Logistics, Operations Management, Business Administration, Management or relevant field
- At least two (2) years’ experience working with an NGO or UN Agency in a similar role
- Up-to-date knowledge of traffic and NTSA regulations regarding to licensing, road safety, etc.
- Experience with Health and safety in Transport
- Working knowledge of 4 x 4 and hybrid vehicles, vehicle spare parts, transport logistic systems, including procurement and stores management
- Excellent report writing, communication, interpersonal, organisation and negotiation skills
- Competency in the use of computer applications i.e. Microsoft Word & Excel
- Kenyan driving license.
- Basic Mechanical skills and Motor bike riding license is an added advantage
- Willing to travel, flexible, adaptable and with an ability to work under pressure.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- A team player, flexible and with an ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure and to make quick rational decisions
- CIPS/CILT certification
- Apprenticeship in motor trade
- Ability to manage time and work effectively without constant supervision
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘Officer Logistics, Transport and Stores on or before Friday 24th November 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.