Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The Organization: Ol Pejeta Conservancy (“Ol Pejeta”) is the largest black rhino sanctuary in East and Central Africa, and home to the world’s last two northern white rhinos. It is the only place in Kenya to see chimpanzees, in a sanctuary established to rehabilitate animals rescued from the black market. It has some of the highest predator densities in Kenya, and still manages a very successful livestock programme. Ol Pejeta also seeks to support the people living around its borders, to ensure wildlife conservation translates to better education, healthcare and infrastructure for the next generation of wildlife guardians.
We are seeking high caliber, self – motivated and dedicated applicant to fill the position of Human Resources Business Partner. This position is based at Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Laikipia, Kenya.
Position: Human Resources Business Partner
Type: Permanent and pensionable
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Department: Human Capital
Location: Nanyuki, Kenya
Overall, the Human Resources Business Partner will be expected to;
- Provide strategic leadership to OPC in the area of People & Culture, and Organizational Development by maximizing the potential of OPC staff and optimizing organizational performance.
- Provide strategic advice, leadership and direction in the development and implementation of a results-driven performance management culture, talent management & succession planning strategy, progressive staff welfare policies and strategies, organizational development initiatives, staff welfare initiatives & interventions to ensure a supportive and conducive working environment.
The incumbent will achieve this by leading the Human Capital function at OPC and ensuring that shared ownership of all aspects of the people lifecycle (talent attraction, hiring, performance and development, and retention) is managed efficiently and that promoting a positive work culture is prioritized at all levels.
Specific Roles include;
Talent Acquisition and Management:
- Ensures the selection and appointment process of highly competent candidates by advising hiring managers on organizational policies and SOPs on the staff selection process and ensuring compliance and required level of skill to conduct and document competency-based interviews
- Work with departmental managers to identify, develop and nurture a robust talent bench of future leaders for succession planning.
Performance Management, Learning & Staff development
- Manages annual performance management process
- Provide mentoring & coaching to management and departmental leads
- Ensure staff are aware of all HR policies, rules and regulations by conducting sessions for new staff and organizing for refresher sessions for all staff from time to time.
- Organize learning and development opportunities in coordination with CEO’s office for staff to achieve performance goals
Quality Assurance and Risk Management:
- Provide direction to Management, departmental leads and their teams to ensure HR compliance with OPC’s standards, policies and procedures as well as local HR labour statutes.
- Play an active role in providing direction to Management and departmental leads in preventing and mitigating risk related to employment / labor laws.
Staff Engagement and Well Being:
- In collaboration with Management, plan and drive measurable improvements in organisational leadership, culture, and agility.
- Identify the organisational culture gaps and plan culture change interventions to promote leadership and staff mindset & behaviour changes to deliver org mandate
Management of Union Relations
- Custodian of the OPC – KGCTSWU Collective bargaining agreement
- Represent the CEO in negotiations with the Union
- Manage all relations with the Union representatives and unionisable staff
HR Services Administration
- As custodian of the OPC human capital policies and procedures, provide day-to-day advice to the all teams, around interpretation and implementing HC policies, and procedures to ensure consistency of application
- HC functional oversight: Payroll, disciplinary and other day to day HC processes
To be successful in this position, applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Must be a registered member of IHRM – additional HR professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in human resources in a large organization (500+ employees) with a focus on human capital management, organizational development, talent acquisition, learning and development and performance management.
- Experience managing HR in a unionized environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of human capital management practices, including workforce planning, performance management, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to identify and develop metrics to measure and improve human capital effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strong understanding of talent acquisition strategies, including employer branding, sourcing, selection, onboarding, and retention.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with human resources information systems (HRIS) and other HR-related technology platforms.
- Experience in using data analytics to drive decision-making and improve human capital management practices.
Applications, consisting of covering letter explaining why you feel you should be considered for this post, a full CV and contact details for three referees should be sent to email@example.com . Please note, only applications that total no more than five pages in length for the CV and cover letter together will be considered.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 28th March, 2023..
Regrettably, due to limited resources and the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact short-listed candidates. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
THE OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY WELCOMES APPLICATIONS FROM ALL SECTIONS OF THE COMMUNITY & PROMOTES DIVERSITY.
You must be logged in to post a comment.