This job has been expired
Old Mutual Kenya
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- To supervise the procurement & payments, contracts & contractors and financial accounting and reporting function of planning, tracking and reporting on expenditure (operational and capital) in line with company policies, guidelines and deadlines. Provide financial advice; identify and report financial risks to internal client/s and relevant executive managers.
Key Measurable Goals
- Reporting: Management, statutory and regulatory reporting.
- Effective management of suppliers’ payments, statutory payments, utility bills and all branch and Head Office imprests.
- To ensure financial controls and reconciliations are done on timely basis and closing all outstanding issues.
- Budgetary and Business planning.
- Liaison with administration and procurement department in regard to suppliers and procurement issues.
- Liaison with Internal and External auditors.
- Team management and fostering a culture that drives staff engagement.
- Ensure that the reports are prepared in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the reports are accurate and are of high quality.
- Business partnering through explaining and guiding business teams on interpreting and actioning reports.
- Effective management of suppliers payments, timely and accurate statutory payments, utility bills and all supplier payments
- Oversight on Petty cash & imprest administration ensuring branches are adequately replenished at all times.
- Management of staff advances and settlements.
- Liaising with Procurement & Admin Manager ensuring that Creditors and suppliers are managed satisfactorily.
- Liaising with internal and External Auditors in carrying out periodical and Year end Audits respectively.
Internal Controls & Bank Reconciliations
- Ensuring that all control account reconciliations are carried out on a timely basis for all control accounts and reconciling items are dealt with on time.
- Ensuring that all bank reconciliations are carried out on a timely basis, investigations done on outstanding items and cleared.
- Ensure good bank relationship management for purposes of correction and issuing of paying instructions.
- Ensuring that all fixed assets are adequately recorded, reconciled and reported.
- Budget Preparations and Business planning
- Involved in Business planning and budget preparation.
- Budget control and monitoring by ensuring the budget holders take charge of their costs and through variance reports.
- Support and/or undertake cost benefit analysis on all expenditures and investments.
- To ensure that monthly Tax computations are prepared and made on time such as PAYE, reverse tax and withholding tax.
- Perform a quarterly tax health check.
- Mentor and develop the team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution and leave management.
Bankwide AML, KYC & CFT
- Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within my area of responsibility
- Degree in Business related Studies
- CPA (K) /ACCA
- Masters degree in Business or Finance.
- Other relevant Professional Certifications.
Knowledge and Skills
- Analytical skills
- Management and Leadership skills
- Financial Management
- Excellent Computer packages knowledge
- Working knowledge of Emerge T24 and D365
- At least 3 years Supervisory experience in
- Financial Accounting Experience
- Demonstrate management abilities.
- Attention to detail.
You must be logged in to post a comment.