Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
This role is within the application development and support section of the ICT organisation but specifically focusing on software applications design, development, build, release, deployment, configuration and operations support activities to digital platforms in production.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Deployment and Release management
- Leads deployment and release planning for solutions in the delivery pipeline.
- Builds automated deployments using configuration management technology
- Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- verifies the functionality of components and services and ensures deployment meets customer and business expectations.
- Testing and quality assurance of release candidate software
- Manages entire software release process, updating documentation and assembling release notes
Digital Applications Support
- Managing support ecosystem of digital applications, including close engagement with business and vendors to guarantee post-release application stability.
- Plans and performs ongoing routine application maintenance tasks.
- Assists in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
- Monitors digital applications for platform security and health using automated toolsets.
Design, Development and Testing
- Design and development of solutions to fix bugs and new feature requests for digital applications.
- Perform automated and manual testing of applications
Digital Infrastructure administration
- Design, setup, and maintain core infrastructures that run the business’s online platforms.
- Design and build automation frameworks for testing, deployment, management, and monitoring of digital business services and platform
- Maintain the business’s configuration and deployment tools on Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Producing documentation for digital infrastructure and automated processes.
DevOps Engineering Thought Leadership
- Leverage your DevOps skills and knowledge combined with research to bring to the fore innovative DevOps practices
- Scale DevOps practice to the rest of IT delivery practices using automated tools, processes and people.
- Demonstrate practical improvements in software delivery in terms of developer productivity, speed and quality through the use of DevOps
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent.
- Experience working with relational databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relation databases
- 1+ years of strong and demonstrated experience in design and implementation of continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with either Azure cloud or AWS
- Experience in microservice architecture patterns and deployment of such solutions to cloud.
- Proficiency in version control, specifically in Git and Git workflows
- Experience with software test automation tools such as selenium will be an added advantage.
- 2+ years of strong and demonstrated experience in solution architecture design for web and mobile based solutions.
- Proficiency in making and presenting reports
- Exceptional analytical, risk assessment, and planning skill.
You must be logged in to post a comment.