About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Global Client Data Analytics consultant will use large, diverse, cross-country data sets to answer questions, tell stories, and inform strategy, all in service of our organizational mission : bigger harvests, healthier families, and richer soil for East African smallholder farmers. This is a senior associate-level consultancy. You will sit within the Global Business Operations department, a 14-person global support team, which comprises three primary functions : client data management, client data analysis, and client protection. You will report directly to the Global Business Operations Lead, and will manage a Global Client Data Senior Specialist.
- Mentor the Global Client Data Senior Specialist.
- Design and launch a Client Data Quality campaign.
- Strengthen our client retention metrics and strategy.
- Build a machine learning algorithm which helps identify cases of fraud.
- Serve on the data steering committee, shaping the long-term data strategy of the organization.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bacholer’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related educational background
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, analytics.
- Experience with BI tools such as PowerBI and SuperSet required.
- Skills in managing Database (MSSQL, Identity and access management, NoSQL)
- Strong understanding of SQL language, Python language, Data modeling, Data aggregation and Geospatial data management
- Advantages to have: experience on Datiku, Elastic search, n8n (Workflow management tool)
- Experience building machine learning or anomaly detection models.
- Fluent with basic statistical techniques such as regression analysis and significance testing.
- English required. Other useful languages are Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, and French.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
20 December 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.