Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the Role
You ensure effective implementation of existing warehouse, logistics, retail and procurement SOPs and policies. You work hand-in-hand with country supply chain teams to train team members, check compliance and offer support in committing to and implementing supply chain best practices in an end-to-end approach. You will be a member of the Global Supply Chain team and report to the Global Supply Chain Process and Capability Associate. You will work closely with over 50 people across our country logistics and procurement teams (though no direct reports). This is a Nairobi-based role with an expectation of 50% of time spent traveling.
- Participate in development, implementation and auditing of Supply Chain policies and best practices:
- Ensure full adoption of new/improved processes after implementation.
- Become a subject matter expert of all existing Supply Chain policies and best practices and ensure country teams adhere to and have knowledge of these policies and expectations
- Visit at least one warehouse on a weekly basis to assess compliance and understanding of existing and new policies/SOPs.
- Identify improvement areas at the Warehouse, Procurement Store and retail shop level.
- Facilitate training of country-level trainers through existing Supply Chain Academies and beyond.
- Contribute to the development of training materials for new and improved SOPs.
- Contribute to a controls-driven, efficient, zero loss culture at every-level of the Global Supply Chain:
- Through continuous engagement and coaching of country-level staff in Logistics and Procurement, particularly warehouse managers and procurement store room managers.
- Support efforts for a zero-loss culture by workshopping, training and enhancing capability within country, warehouse and storeroom teams.
- Perform root cause analysis with country teams for monthly KPIs that are not within target thresholds- aim for continuous improvement of results.
- Support implementation of Supply Chain innovations and improved processes:
- Support digital transformation in country programs and provide expert support to country teams through transitions
- Be a key, hands-on, resource for supply chain teams in growth countries (Malawi, Tanzania, Nigeria, Zambia, Ethiopia, Uganda, etc.) through observations, compliance checks and training opportunities.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Must possess an appreciation for the challenges of logistics in a developing economy with an understanding of how the industry functions.
- Experience with SAP ERP or related systems
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a logistics, procurement or operations setting
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Knack for getting hands-on experience to improve
- Eye for detail and organized approach to work, especially when under pressure
- Strong project management skills
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.