About the role:
We are looking for a Product Engineer who will work within the Electric Motorbikes Product Team to manage systems integration, packaging and releases for current and new electric motorbikes.
You will be responsible for ensuring product success through issue tracking. Testing and applying optimization strategies to products to ensure sustenance throughout a product’s lifecycle in cost, quality and production lead times to ensure customer satisfaction and better revenue
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with electrical, mechanical, software and battery engineers to perform holistic integration, stitching and packaging of product components and subsystems.
- Developing Digital Mock-up (DMU) releases of products.
- Perform DMU studies (Clearance, interference, Clash, Review) with technical manager.
- Consolidate external feedback (customer production lines through issue tracking management and gating and develop strategies for optimization for user experience and ease of assembly.
- Generate and document product roadmaps and requirements for mechanical systems.
- Perform risk and failure modes and effect (FMEA) analysis of products.
- Develop mechanical concepts and designs for all electric motorcycle product lines.
- Development of test plans and criteria for testing of product features at product and sub-system level and work with testing engineers for motorcycle reliability testing and homologation.
- Defining product milestones and deadlines and release dates.
- Sales proposals definition and generation with sales team.
- Collaborate with procurement teams to coordinate Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) with suppliers.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Product Development or has a working knowledge of systems integration, CAD packaging, and product versioning and release management.
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Good skills in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer aided Engineering (CAE) for part and assembly modeling, simulations and release management.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on engineering research and test data and findings.