PACIS Insurance Company Limited is a financial institution regulated by IRA which has been in operations for over 15 years in the Kenyan market. The company is an initiative of the Catholic Church which offers a wide range of insurance products within the General and Medical Insurance classes. To meet its growing customer needs and expectations, the company wishes to recruit experienced, dynamic, and innovative Assistant Underwriting Officer.
The job holder is responsible for reviewing the risks and underwrite profitable business through preparation of policy documents whilst ensuring all business processes are adhered to as per set guidelines to enable the company meets its objectives through the acquisition, retention and service to clients.
- Establish proper documentation of risks and timely issuance of certificates, debits, policy documents and endorsements.
- Establish efficient renewal process to achieve the set turnaround time for preparation and issuance of renewal notices for delivery of the desired retention rate
- Issuing and revising of quotes to intermediaries within recommended guidelines and follow up to ensure business closure
- Reconciliation of client accounts to reflect the business booked status on monthly basis
- Preparation and issuance of Renewal notices sixty dates before renewal date
- Check debt form filled in case of credit according to the company credit policy
- Prepare and issue cancellation notices in case of non-payment of premium for specified covers
- Provide advisory services to claims department on excesses, deductibles, and clauses applicable in case of a claim
- Confirmation of covers, issue and approve quotations up to 50% of the treaty limit
- Appoint property & vehicle valuers where necessary
- Issue motor new business policy documents and renewal schedules
- Execute bonds as per the set authority limits
- Monitor approval and dispatch of renewal and extra endorsements schedules
Customer Service Role
- Monitoring clients queries and ensuring they are addressed, and correct quotation are provided within the set timelines and authority levels.
- Follow up on premium collection from clients and ensure debited within the month.
- Prepare and follow up premium refund in case of overpayment or cancellation from clients.
- On a need basis carry out client visit with intermediaries for technical support and product presentation.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business/Economics or a relevant degree.
- Diploma in Insurance
- One (1) year relevant working experience
- Understanding of insurance industry
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Customer Oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Commitment & dedication
- Planning & organizational skills
- Keen to details
Applications with a detailed CV, indicating your telephone contacts with names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to email@example.com not later than 23rd September 2022.
You must be logged in to post a comment.