Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The Finance Manager will support the PROPEL Health and is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Kenya government, donor, and company policies and procedures in the areas of finance. The Finance Manager will report to Senior Manager, Finance, Administration and Grants and will supervise the Finance Officer.
Budget, Accounting and Financial Management:
- Ensure all finances are managed in alignment with the Kenya government regulations, company and client’s financial policies and procedures
- Liaise with project team in Kenya Office and HQ to prepare, review and revise project budgets and expenditure forecasts
- Forecast project expenditures through field office, timely submit funds transfer requests (FTR) and manage cash flows in field office
- Communicate and follow up with relevant suppliers, consultants, vendors, contractors, and staff with regards to invoices, payments, advances, or finances
- Reconcile and review invoices for payments. Ensure necessary review, deliverables, and approvals before issuing payments. Write checks and issue payments
- Ensure applicable tax withholding and deductions are taken care of as per the Kenya laws and regulations
- Maintain up to date bank and petty cash account transaction records and supporting documentations
- Record all financial transactions in the financial templates provided by HQ, accurately and in a timely fashion. Prepare, review, and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to HQ, as required.
- Collect bank statements for the bank accounts, review cash book, and reconcile the account
- Review monthly financial reports and inform/update expenditure forecast/budget on regular basis
- Prepare financial report as necessary and provide necessary financial support to the project
- Responsible for entering all transactions into the internet banking system
- Ensure field vouchers are prepared accurately, supporting documents are on file, and all transactions are coded in accordance with general ledger and project charge code(s)
- Certify that all cleared cheques are in the filed bank statement. If a transaction has not cleared in the current period, ensure it is reflected as cleared in the next periods bank statement
- Submit monthly end-of-the month bank statement to Treasury
- Responsible for timely upload of the field voucher to Costpoint and SharePoint systems
- Reconciliation of the petty cash account. Ensure in-country project delivery team maintains up-to-date petty cash account transaction records and supporting documentation to submit to DC as required twice a month
- Secure approvals in the delegation of authority (DOA) portal for all electronic payments made in Kenya
- Any other budget, accounting and financial duties as assigned
Payroll & VAT:
- Manage employee salary administration according to Kenya laws, statutory requirements for income taxation, social security and other contributions, medical care, insurance, and other benefits
- Ensure payroll is correctly calculated and that salaries and withholdings are paid on time
- Process for applicable tax exemptions and VAT reimbursements during or after procurements
- Ensure VAT reimbursement and supporting documentation are submitted to the Kenya Revenue Authority (MRA) on time
- Any other payroll & VAT duties as assigned
- Make sure all payroll, withholding, VAT reimbursement documents are on file for a future audit
- Lead the project entity audit, and assist in any USAID audit (if required)
- Any other audit duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in finance with an international organization
- Previous experience with workplan budgeting, budget monitoring, and forecasting under a USAID-funded cooperative agreement with buy-in structure
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID financial reporting and compliance requirements
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices and terminologies
- Previous experience in payroll, expense reporting, invoice processing and ensuring completeness, accuracy, and validity of accounting data of documents
- Previous experience preparing project/company financial reporting (i.e., field vouchers), reconciling project/company bank statements, managing bank accounts, managing and monitoring petty cash, preparing payroll, tracking expenses according to budget, maintaining records to meet tax requirements including payroll, customs and Value Added Tax (V.A.T) taxes
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based environment, supervise a professional team and ability to interact with a variety of technical, clinical, and other specialists
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; fluent in English
- Kenya nationals are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
You must be logged in to post a comment.